Accounts Payable Supervisor
Date published: 3-Feb-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Corporate-Finance
Business Plan: FIN
Responsible for daily supervision of approximately 3 to 5 accounting operations professionals. Responsible for performing intermediate level accounting duties, such as credit card reconciliations and consolidated invoices. May be responsible for reconciling withholding tax deductions and sales taxes recovers. Typically responsible for analysis and reporting. Serves as technical advisor to internal clients related to invoice and expense report processing. Provides resolution of intermediate issues. Works under minimal supervision.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Monitor the invoice volume at each stage and makes recommendations based on reports.
• Help lead the validation process. Help support escalated issues or concerns regarding the validation process. Monitor and review accounts payable processes for indication of invoice processing issues and work to resolve issues in a timely manner.
• Trains team on supplier specifications.
• Answers moderate to complex invoicing questions.
• Assist with multi-entity, multi-currency month-end close for accounts payable which includes identification, resolution and prevention of sub-ledger to ledger variances.
• Work with internal and external customers to reconcile complex expense reporting issues. Make recommendations to resolve issues.
• Complete reconciliation processes as necessary for complex invoice payment processes.
• May reconcile AP and payment taxes with tax invoice and/or tax certificates.
• Works with Travel & Transport to complete analysis for central bill for Corporate Card.
• Complete analysis for special projects
• Research professional and vendor checks.
Expense Report & Corporate Card
• Handle advanced auditing concerns. Work with internal customers on resolution of audit concerns.
• Provides direction and recommendations based on company policies and government regulations to team.
• Review, test, and update process narratives for Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
• Accounting Operations Team, Project Accountants, App Specialists, Statutory Accountants, Suppliers, Payroll, Travel & Transport, Operations Manager
• Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Word, Outlook, Power Point)
• Microsoft Power BI
• Oracle ERP (AP, GL, AR, Cost, Project Accounting)
• Business Intelligence Center (in-house)
• DSS (in-house)
Supervisory & Resource Management
• Supervises work of others. Responsible for monitoring workload and providing day to day guidance for assigned staff. Typically oversees performance management, career planning, recognition, learning and development, and corrective actions.
• Ensures policies, procedures, and processes are effectively developed, implemented, and communicated for workgroup. Ensures adherence to corporate and division programs.
• Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvement processes.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree (in Accounting or Finance, preferred) or related experience
Experience: Typically 4+ years related experience.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Supervisory experience preferred.
• Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Intermediate
• Microsoft Access, Basic
• Knowledge of Black & Veatch Systems, Intermediate
• Knowledge of percent complete accounting, Basic
• Technical accounting knowledge, Intermediate
• Knowledge of Financial Statement analysis, Intermediate
• Knowledge of foreign currency terminology and concepts, Intermediate
Preferred Non-Technical Competencies: • Customer Focus • Organizing • Planning • Written Communications • Action Oriented • Informing • Peer Relationships • Dealing with Ambiguity • Business Acumen • Decision Quality • Problem Solving • Developing Direct Reports and Others