United Kingdom-South East
Date published: 31-Oct-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Water
Business Plan: SPC
Provide support and development of internal and external IT software, systems and data analysis.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Key duties and responsibilities:
• Will be responsible for the development, enhancement and maintenance of new and existing software and systems.
o Role is within the existing Information Management & Analytics (IMA) team.
o The role will entail working with internal and external clients from across Black & Veatch with and under guidance from existing team. Ability to work as a team but also alone.
• Travel to other B&V and clients office may be required.
Full time or Part time & flexible working will be considered for this role.
Education & training:
• Degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science
To have at least 4 of the following 6 attributes:
o Knowledge of Angular JS/Angular 2
o Experience writing unit tests
o Knowledge of Agile Development methodologies such as Scrum
o Ability to document technical solution specifications and test documentation from team discussions.
o Knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming principles.
• Flexibility to work across multiple disciplines in a dynamic environment and would like to develop their career as a full stack developer.
• Strong communication skills.
• Passion for your subject and delivering value for clients.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Understanding of stored procedures and functions.
• Experience with AngularJS/ Angular 2 and Typescript would be advantageous.
• Requirements gathering, Web API