Applications Business Analyst
Date published: 1-Oct-2017
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Corporate-Admin
Business Plan: ITS
The Business Analyst position requires a demonstrated capacity to display critical thinking skills and the ability to analyze, communicate, and document technical/business processes, policies, and procedures while working with the Core support team. As well as documenting requirements, revising existing system configuration while addressing system limitations as necessary. Requires excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, excellent customer service skills, sound understanding of Microsoft Office, Visio, Project Management Software/tools, project management techniques, ability to multitask, and excellent written and verbal communication skills. In addition, knowledge and experience assisting with implementation of various Business Units needs and requests. Familiarity with Program Management/Portfolio Management Tools with Ecosys EPC (Hexagon PPM) highly desired.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Working knowledge of Project Controls best practices.
• Working Knowledge or Earned Value Management
• Acts as a liaison between the IT development group and Core team for the development and implementation of new systems features and enhancement of existing features.
• Conduct business process analyses, needs assessments, and preliminary cost/benefits analyses in an effort to align information technology solutions with business initiatives.
• Evaluates new IT developments and evolving business requirements, and recommends appropriate systems alternatives and/or enhancements to current systems.
• Prepares communications and makes presentations on system enhancements and/or alternatives to the Core Team.
• Perform UAT testing on software updates and enhancements as needed.
• Determines client’s objectives by reviewing business functions, gathering information, and evaluating output requirements and formats.
• Provides technical leadership and interface solutions for EcoSys for users around the globe.
• Designs solutions by analyzing requirements; constructing workflow charts and diagrams; studying client system capabilities; writing specifications when doing feature upgrades.
• Maintains user confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
• Applies analytical and technical thinking within areas of assigned responsibility to resolve routine client issues and challenges by identifying possible alternatives, and providing recommendations.
• Assist with technical recommendations for establishing a regular user interface for Business Analytics to be done on report data.
• Manage the application portfolio relating to Financial Systems to assure functional and technical currency and business relevancy.
• Coordinate and facilitate analysis, evaluation and recommendation of new IT tools or modifications to existing IT tools as required to support business requirements.
• Identify and report on application development defects and assist the IT provider in resolving these defects.
• Work with the various business units to define, document and maintain: Portfolio strategic direction that is consistent with corporate and business unit strategic plans.
• Lead cross divisional/global teams responsible for collecting information on Business Cases to identify.
• Research and recommend solutions that best meet the requirements defined by client project teams and conform within corporate standards.
• Collaborate with 3rd party service providers to execute on project related initiatives and address technology issues.
• Assist with creating reporting solutions in a sandbox environment.
• Create/maintain reports with Visual Basic (VBA) as needed.
• Working knowledge of MS SQL schema’s and relational databases.
• Create reporting solutions with tools such as Crystal Reporting/SQL Server reporting if needed.
Bachelors degree in computer science or related field OR equivalent work experience. In addition to the education requirements, ten years related experience.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• 8-10+ years of related experience
• 8-10+ years of testing and quality assurance
• Working knowledge of SQL
• Working knowledge of various databases and servers
• Strong communication, written and inter-personal skills
• Minimum of two years Java programming and working with relational databases (Oracle and/or SQL Server) – must be comfortable writing SQL
• Minimum of two years P6/SAP/JDE/Oracle database experience
• Minimum of two years of industry experience in Government, Oil and Gas, Construction, and/or Engineering Companies
• Minimum of two years scripting experience (windows or unix based)
• Configuration Experience of EcoSys
• Experience with Ecosys or Unifier
• Experience with Oracle Primavera 6+
• Familiarity with DOE and ANSI EVM Orders and Cost Guides (e.g., DOE 413.3B)
• PMP certification is a plus
• Excel (VBA/Macros/XML)
• MS SQL
• Power BI