Asset Management Information Solutions Market Lead
CA-Irvine, CA-San Marcos, CA-Walnut Creek
Date published: 9-Aug-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Water
Business Plan: ENS
Black & Veatch’s Asset Management Information Solutions group has grown rapidly and has an exciting opportunity for professionals interested in applying their knowledge of asset management practices and the use of information technology to the challenges of managing water, wastewater, and stormwater infrastructure. Our success has been founded on a combination of a team-centric culture and a collaborative, client-focused mentality committed to delivering technical excellence – every time! Asset management, and specifically asset management information solutions, is a strategic growth area for the firm and provides exciting career possibilities and potential for interested professionals.
Will provide information technology and solutions consulting to water, wastewater, stormwater and hydropower clients as part of Black & Veatch’s asset management information solutions service offering. Successful candidates will be skilled in helping clients creatively solve technology challenges related to managing utility infrastructure. Past experience in requirements development and system implementation/integration services related to Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)/Enterprise Asset Management System (EAMS), Geographic Information Systems (GIS), and software/tool development and deployment in a municipal or utility environment a plus. Key skills include the ability to communicate (write and present) complex technical issues in an easy, simple to understand manner as well as lead teams of technical specialists in successful project and task execution. Position location is flexible between any of our key California regional offices supporting the Water business – San Marcos, Irvine, or Walnut Creek, California.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Performs analytical, technical, and/or developmental tasks, such as:
· Responsible for analyzing requirements for and providing consulting expertise to recommend improvements to and optimization of existing CMMS/EAMS solution implementations.
· Responsible for leading implementation planning, configuration, customization, integration, report development, end-user training, and on-site go-live support for CMMS/EAMS solution implementations.
· Assists in the development of water, waste/storm water utility modeling and master plans, asset management program assessments and development projects, facility integrity/condition assessment studies, and analysis projects.
· Supports multi-divisional initiatives within Water, Power, Telecom, and Management Consulting.
· Participates in opportunity and pursuit identification, qualification, marketing, and capture in support of department leadership and project management staff.
· Works with project team to prepare proposals, technical papers, presentations, reports and implementation plans; define CMMS application strategies; and to develop detailed project deliverables.
· Ensures compliance with project requirements of accuracy / specifications for scope of service and overall quality.
· Establishes and maintains required files to document data references, analytical methods, calculations and rationale used in reaching conclusions.
· Performs additional tasks specific to an area of expertise or technology.
A minimum total of 8 years of related work experience is typically necessary to move into this level. Graduate work may count as related work experience if directly applicable to job function. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Desired experience includes all facets of GIS and/or CMMS implementation and optimization including asset registry/database and hierarchy design, work process development, system configuration, custom report and KPI development, administrator and end-user training, and overall system/data analysis and optimization. The successful candidate will also have the opportunity (if not already established) to develop expertise in the integration of GIS with other technologies such as custom program management dashboards, SCADA, and hydraulic modeling.
· Bachelor’s degree in GIS, Physical, Earth, Life Science, Engineering, or Computer Science from an accredited university; or equivalent job-related work experience.
· 5+ years of experience in a dynamic and diverse information analysis environment.
· 3+ years of experience implementing and configuring any of the following CMMS/EAMS solutions: Cityworks AMS, Lucity, Infor EAM, Infor Public Sector, or Maximo.
· Familiarity with Esri ArcGIS suite of applications and knowledge of ArcGIS Server.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office tools.
· Solid understanding, aptitude for working with, and knowledge of enterprise relational databases (SQL Server or Oracle).
· Knowledge of business intelligence/report development tools such as Crystal Reports, SQL Server Reporting Services, and/or Cognos.
· Excellent time / data management, communication, and interpersonal skills required.
· Experience developing, monitoring, and managing project deliverables, budgets, and schedules.
· Enthusiastic about learning, pushing technical limits, and finding new solutions.
Experience with the following is considered advantageous:
· Exposure to engineering-related concepts and functions (i.e., technical experience in GIS support of water distribution or wastewater collection systems).
· Familiarity with other CMMS applications (such as Lucity, Infor EAM, Cartegraph, Maximo, etc.).