Asset Management Information Solutions Sr Consultant - Water Business
CA-San Marcos, CO-Denver, MO-Kansas City, NC-Charlotte, SC-Greenville, TX-Dallas, VA-Virginia Beach
Date published: 30-Nov-2017
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Water
Business Plan: ENS
Black & Veatch’s Asset Management and Information Solutions group has grown rapidly and has an exciting opportunity for professionals interested in applying their knowledge of asset management practices and Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (specifically with Infor EAM) to the challenges of managing water, wastewater, and stormwater infrastructure. Our success has been founded on a combination of a team-centric culture and a collaborative, client-focused mentality committed to delivering technical excellence – every time! Asset management, and specifically asset management information solutions which includes technologies such as CMMS, is a strategic growth area for the firm and provides exciting career possibilities and potential for interested professionals.
With minimal supervision, will function as a lead Infor EAM and CMMS consultant in the Planning & Asset Management Department of Black & Veatch. Position is based in Virginia Beach, VA; Charlotte, NC; Greenville, SC; Kansas City, MO; Dallas, TX; Denver, CO; or San Marcos, CA. Position provides CMMS and Information Management-related support to a wide variety of utility and engineering projects in the water sector.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Performs analytical, technical, and/or developmental tasks, such as:
• Responsible for analyzing requirements for and providing consulting expertise to recommend improvements to and optimization of existing Infor EAM and other CMMS solution implementations.
• Responsible for leading implementation planning, configuration, customization, integration, report development, end-user training, and on-site go-live support for Infor EAM solution implementations.
• Assists in the development of water, waste/storm water utility modeling and master plans, asset management program assessments and development projects, other (non-Infor EAM) CMMS implementations, facility integrity/condition assessment studies, and analysis projects.
• Supports multi-divisional initiatives within Water, Power, Telecom, and Management Consulting.
• Works with project team to prepare proposals, technical papers, presentations, reports and implementation plans; define CMMS application strategies; and to develop detailed project deliverables.
• Ensures compliance with project requirements of accuracy / specifications for scope of service and overall quality.
• Establishes and maintains required files to document data references, analytical methods, calculations and rationale used in reaching conclusions.
• Performs additional tasks specific to an area of expertise or technology.
Typically a minimum of 8 plus years related work experience. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Desired experience includes all facets of CMMS implementation and optimization including asset registry and hierarchy design, work process development, system configuration, custom report and KPI development, administrator and end-user training, and overall system/data analysis and optimization. The successful candidate will also have the opportunity (if not already established) to develop expertise in the integration of GIS with other technologies such as custom program management dashboards, SCADA, and hydraulic modeling.
Bachelor’s degree in GIS, Physical, Earth, Life Science, Engineering, or Computer Science from an accredited university; or equivalent job-related work experience.
• 5+ years of experience in a dynamic and diverse information analysis environment.
• 3+ years of experience implementing and configuring Infor EAM or predecessor products (e.g. Datastream 7i or above).
• Proficient with Microsoft Office tools.
• Solid understanding, aptitude for working with, and knowledge of enterprise relational databases (SQL Server or Oracle).
• Knowledge of business intelligence/report development tools such as Crystal Reports, SQL Server Reporting Services, and/or Cognos.
• Excellent time / data management, communication, and interpersonal skills required.
• Experience developing, monitoring, and managing project deliverables, budgets, and schedules.
• Enthusiastic about learning, pushing technical limits, and finding new solutions.
Experience with the following is considered advantageous:
• Exposure to engineering-related concepts and functions (i.e., technical experience in GIS support of water distribution or wastewater collection systems).
• Familiarity with Esri ArcGIS suite of applications and knowledge of ArcGIS Server.
• Familiarity with other CMMS applications (such as Lucity, Cityworks, Cartegraph, Maximo, etc.).