Date published: 29-Sep-2017
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Corporate-Finance
Business Plan: FIN
Provides leadership, management support and strategic direction to the Corporate Financial Accounting & Reporting team. Works closely with leadership across the Company to ensure internal accounting controls mitigate any potential risks that exist. Provides support to Senior Finance Leaders for assigned tasks and initiatives, serves as a key technical accounting expert, provides assistance in the leadership of the department, and is responsible for the completeness and accuracy of Consolidated and Statutory Financial Reporting. Works under the general direction of the Director of Corporate Finance.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides insight and offers technical expertise for key decisions including analysis/scenarios of financial impacts, financial risks and technical issues related to Applicable GAAP and/or company policy.
• Provides oversight and support of corporate and other global locations on statutory accounting/reporting matters.
• Reviews monthly consolidated balance sheet, income statement and quarterly statement of cash flow ensuring account balances are properly stated.
• Responsible for all internal and external financial reporting and statutory accounting which includes:
o Internal and management reporting
o Consolidated ESOP reporting
o Coordination of the distribution of financial information (consolidated or otherwise) to external clients including external auditors, financial partners, governmental parties and tax authorities.
• Assist in preparation of internal presentations including presentations for the Board of Directors, Extended Leadership Team (ELT), senior finance management, etc.
• Supports processes and may lead initiatives for analyzing, developing, maintaining and enforcing sound internal controls within B&V. Ensure deficiencies and other matters are appropriately and timely resolved.
• Provides guidance to team on various transactional support issues that arise during the daily, monthly, and annual processes.
• Conducts and/or oversees research associated with technical accounting matters and implementation or disclosure of new standards. Works with Corporate and business management in reviewing business processes to assess and implement efficiency opportunities.
• Works closely with external auditors to oversee completion of consolidated or other required statutory audits. Reviews audit process to improve efficiencies and provides guidance on escalated issues.
• Assists with special projects, as assigned.
• Establishes and maintains a finance organization with skilled professionals and functional operational processes to support all assigned finance aspects.
• As a department leader provides direction to an assigned group. Typically oversees performance management, career planning, recognition, learning and development for direct reports and provides direction regarding performance management and career planning for assigned group. Aligns individual professional's goals with that of department, division and corporation. Evaluates team training needs and guides staff growth and development. Seeks to understand and implement training needs and process improvements to prevent issues in daily, monthly, and annual processes.
• Initiates and guides development, communication and implementation of policies, procedures, and processes for the assigned workgroup.
• Ensures adherence to Company programs.
• Identifies and assesses improvement opportunities which will add value. Champions continuous improvement efforts. Assesses and supports the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements. Proactively supports, encourages and facilitates staff to engage in continuous improvement activities.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent experience
• Typically 12+ years related experience; supervisory experience required.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Managerial Accountant (CMA) preferred
• Master Business Administration (MBA) or MS in Accounting or Chartered Accountant preferred
• As a necessary aspect of the management, personnel or pay administration functions, this position has access to confidential personnel records and pay information not otherwise available. This position is responsible for protecting and maintaining the privacy of such records and information.
• Knowledge of U.S. GAAP with experience in non-U.S. accounting standards and IFRS
• International accounting experience and knowledge of foreign currency theory and management
• Knowledge of financial statement analysis, Advanced
• Collaborative and advanced leadership ability
• Strong business and financial acumen
• Strong project management skills (from concept to delivery), specifically as it relates to process improvements
• Problem solving skills
• Presentation skills
• Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PowerBI Intermediate