CA-San Diego, CO-Denver
Date published: 7-Nov-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Telecom
Business Plan: PCR
The Telecommunications Division delivers telecommunication infrastructure solutions to utilities, local and state government agencies and the commercial wireless industry. Through a unique combination of experience, expert resources and innovative solutions, Black & Veatch supports the entire range of both legacy and emerging technologies used in today’s wireless and wireline networks, voice, video, Internet and data systems and utility automation.
Provides support to the project team with mildly complex materials functions such as material receiving, inspection, storage, maintenance and issuance to ensure project equipment and materials are availed to support the construction schedule. Responsible for integrity and use of the Material/Inventory Management System.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for the physical receipt, inspection and documentation of incoming/outgoing project materials and equipment.
• Responsible for completing the project specific Materials Management Procedure.
• Plans, organize, implements and maintains project specific Site Receiving Rules, Laydown Areas and Warehouse Space.
• Manages and allocates warehouse/laydown areas, ensures proper housekeeping is maintained and inventory counts are completed as needed.
• Ensures all materials are received, inspected, stored, maintained and issued in a timely and compliant manner.
• Trains employees, staff and/or craft labor on proper receiving, storage and maintenance procedures.
• Liaisons with appropriate engineering and procurement personnel to ensure timely delivery of project materials and equipment.
• Manages the OS&D process with supply vendors and coordinates with procurement as needed.
• Ensures proper creation, filing, and dissemination of all Material related paperwork
• Maintains the Material/Inventory Management System used by the project.
• Ensures preventive maintenance is tracked and completed on a timely basis to support warranty protection if applicable.
• Monitors the collection of surplus, scrap and salvageable materials.
• Tracks materials returned to vendor.
• Responsible for metric reporting on inventory, issues, location, OS&D's, Preventive Maintenance, Equipment Usage, Receiving and Spare Parts.
• Records and tracks material issues from storage area to construction.
• Establishes goals and measure performance of the project materials organization.
• Ensures field compliance with appropriate corporate and field specific procedures that insure that sound construction and business practices are maintained.
• Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements.
Minimum five (5) years relevant experience without a degree. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
BA or BS degree in Supply Chain, Business, Technical / Engineering, Construction Management or related field (preferred). Relevant experience may be substituted for a degree. Preferred Skills: • Basic Analytics - Creation and Interpretation • Strong Attention to Detail • Strong Communication - Written and Oral • Proficient Computer - Database and MS Office • Proficient Contract Comprehension • Strong Data Entry • Proficient Mathematics • Strong Organizing Data • Proficient Problem Solving • Basic Project Process Management • Proficient Schedule and Planning Understanding Preferred Competencies: • Customer focus • Decision quality • Ensures accountability • Manages ambiguity • Situational adaptability
Fast-paced warehouse environment with required timely response times. This position supports construction so must have the ability to switch gears quickly while managing multiple priorities. Prior warehouse management, Inventory Control, Forklift, WMS Sytems