Date published: 8-Dec-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Power
Business Plan: ENG
Functions as a technical specialist or in a lead role. With minimal supervision, applies advanced engineering techniques and analyses for problems and methods. Expands knowledge and skill set in area of discipline. May start to expand knowledge in other disciplines and/or functional areas.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conduct site assessments to determine physical properties of the ground.
• Conduct geotechnical analysis and prepare geotechnical report based on data provided by client.
• Determine soil strength and deformation properties, pile type and capacity.
• Develop soil improvement plan if necessary.
• Prepare technical specification for subsurface investigation, pile test and soil improvement.
• Review geotechnical report and calculations.
• Supervise subsurface investigation works.
• Monitor pile test and prepare interpretive report accordingly.
• Monitor site construction for earthwork, pile installation and soil improvement.
Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing. Minimum of 5 years related work experience All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Bachelor’s Degree in civil or geotechnical engineering, post-graduate degree in relevant discipline would be an advantage.
Minimum 5 years relevant experience in geotechnical engineering works.
Good communication skills and proficient in written and spoken English and Chinese.