Project Manager - PGS
Date published: 14-Jan-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Power
Business Plan: PMT
Manages all aspects of Power Generation Service projects, including risk to cost, schedule, quality. Responsible for the day-to-day successful execution of contracted engineering, procurement, and construction scope in the areas of performance, financial metrics, planning, schedule, quality, contractual compliance, safety, and client satisfaction. Provides for the successful staffing of the project. Manages and leads medium teams of multi-discipline professionals. Coordinates and integrates the activities associated with the engineering, procurement, construction, and startup elements of the project team, including the activities of all third party companies contributing to the initiative.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Manage and/or direct major power generation projects, including Owner’s engineer and detailed design. Hold responsibilities with major clients. Accountable for sales activities, project execution and financial performance of major PGS projects.
· Participate in strategy development
· Project management/execution
· Client relationship and business development
· Local talent training and development (PM/EMs)
· Business leadership
· Strong project financial management Skills
· Strong communicator and delegator
· Team development skills
Bachelor of science degree. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
· Bachelor degree of engineering from accredited university as minimum.
· Native or excellent English communication skills required.
· Minimum 15 years of international fossil fuel power project experience; including at least 3 years of experience in China or with Chinese partners/clients.
· Design and project management experience on EPC and Owner’s engineer services desired.
· Business development experience will be a plus.
· Established client pool and strong relationships a plus.