Senior Civil Structural Engineer
Date published: 5-Jan-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Power
Business Plan: ENG
To act as Responsible Engineer, or technical specialist.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
· Functions as a technical specialist or in a lead role.
· Under general direction, develops and applies advanced engineering techniques, concepts and approaches to complex engineering problems.
· Provide technical guidance over a group or supervise engineering staff on projects of low to medium complexity.
· Be responsible for developing, validating, and presenting specialist/technical output.
· Requires a bachelor's degree in structural engineering.
· 8+ year experience after BS. Prior experience in power plant, Chemical Industry or design institute preferred.
· Good computer, Staad Pro, CAD, Word, Spreadsheets; organizational and communication skills.
· Good English skill is preferred.
· Ability to work closely in a team environment.
· Demonstrates initiative, professionalism and a commitment to quality.
· Class I Registered Structural Engineer is preferred.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Written Communications, Drive For Results, Decision Quality, Priority Setting, Planning, Delegation, Directing Others, Conflict Management, Informing, Listening, Dealing with Ambiguity, Customer Focus, And Building Effective Teams. Advanced knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides and standards related to assigned engineering discipline Intermediate knowledge of other disciplines Advanced ability to interpret engineering deliverable content as assigned. Intermediate industry knowledge and technology trends Intermediate knowledge of company quality program Intermediate knowledge of construction & constructability practices & principles Intermediate knowledge of procurement & contract administration Working knowledge of process, procedures for project controls and estimating Supervisor Competencies