Senior Mechanical Engineer
Date published: 5-Jan-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Power
Business Plan: ENG
Functions as a technical specialist or in a lead role. Under general direction, develops and applies advanced engineering techniques, concepts and approaches to complex engineering problems. May provide technical guidance over a group or supervise engineering staff on projects of low to medium complexity. May be responsible for developing, validating, and presenting specialist/technical output.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develops, plans, coordinates and directs the engineering work for a major project, or several smaller, but complex projects, or for the design within a specific discipline. This includes work assignments, staffing, scheduling and review.
2. Develops or evaluates plans/criteria or special analyses required in support of the engineering effort.
3. Develops new or improved techniques or procedures for application in unique engineering.
4. Coordinates the design of assigned systems or projects with involved B&V personnel and client management.
5. Maintains engineering records, lists and reports as required to ensure compliance with the client's schedule, adherence to the budget, adherence to procurement specification, or to ensure engineering problems are monitored and resolved.
6. Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements.
7. Others as assigned.
1. Bachelor or above degree in Thermal Power Engineering. Certified Senior Engineer is preferred.
2. Minimum of 8 years of experience performing engineering related duties in electric power design institute or global engineering firms.
3. Must understand engineering design processes, codes and standards.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Effective English reading, writing and speaking skills. Drive For Results, Decision Quality, Priority Setting, Planning, Delegation, Conflict Management, Informing, Listening, and Dealing with Ambiguity, Customer Focus. Advanced knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides and standards. Intermediate knowledge of company quality program. Intermediate knowledge of construction & constructability practices & principles. Intermediate knowledge of procurement & contract administration.