Senior Proposal Manager
Date published: 5-Jan-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Energy
Business Plan: SAM
This position provides day to day direction and guidance on all the assigned Energy major proposals. This includes directing the proposal preparation, assembly, and submittal. Proposals also typically involve joint venture or consortium partners. After submittal, the Proposal Manager is responsible for answering client questions, negotiating terms, and ultimately conforming and signing contracts; accountable for ensuring proper proposal reviews and mitigation of commercial and technical risks for the assigned proposals.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coordinates and directs the proposal effort on assigned proposals based on guidelines set by the Proposal Review Board (PRB); ensures completeness and accuracy of each proposal.
• Coordinates and integrates reviews by legal, contracts, and insurance, finance, treasury, and tax support groups for assigned proposals.
• Establishes the proposal schedule and seeks resources from the Director, Proposal Management to support the schedule.
• Supervises typing, reproduction, assemble, and mailing of assigned proposals.
• Ensures project management participation in the proposal process including active participation in the project execution plan and review of critical commercial terms of the contract.
• Participates in all cost review meetings; presents the assigned proposal at Proposal Review Board meetings.
• Conducts/participates in negotiations of contracts, joint ventures, and consortium agreements with clients and business partners in accordance with Proposal Review Board directions.
• Obtains final contract approval from legal and the Proposal Review Board.
• Analyzes and reports the status of proposals and negotiations; monitors and actively manages the proposal budget for assigned proposals.
• Implements Safety, Quality, Ethical Standards, and Lessons Learned in accordance with Energy Policies, Standards, and Guides.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
• 15+ years of project or proposal experience.
• Strong technical knowledge of industry including all types of power plants.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Takes initiative
• Understanding of financial metrics including PGM, revenue, and overhead costs
• Commercial/business knowledge of contracts
• Excellent communications/human relations skills (written, verbal, client service)
• Ability to sell; strong negotiating and persuasive skills
Good writing skills
• Ability to manage and motivate professionals
• Ability to interface with diverse personalities
• Ability to think strategically
• Strong leadership skills
• Strong problem solving skills (identify, analyze, research, evaluate, resolve)
• Conflict management skills
• Project Management skills