Civil Engineer 2
Date published: 4-Feb-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Plan: ENG
For initial role, our client seeks Civil Engineer to support design and development at their client site. Black & Veatch will provide a Civil Engineer who will work as part of the client’s civil design team. The Civil Engineer will be responsible for performing a variety of design tasks under the direction of the client senior engineer and/or senior designer.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Proactive and innovative Civil design engineer
• Experience in site development
• Ability to design and draw site layouts, grading and drainage
• Create site utility plans in AutoCAD (Civil 3D experience a plus)
• Participate in QA/QC process
• Recommend standards and workflows to meet specialized needs or to facilitate team’s capabilities
• Organize and prepare complex designs based on verbal specifications or written layouts from rough sketches
• Proficiency with AutoCAD
• Familiarity with codes, standards, and guidelines
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines
• Minimum of 2 years’ civil design experience
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Black & Veatch Engineer will work on-site for the period of time requested by the cliet and mutually agreed between the client and B&V. Expected duration of assignment is three to six months.