Civil Engineer - Site Development
Date published: 5-Jul-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Power
Business Plan: ENG
Functions in a mid-level engineer capacity, or technical specialist. Under general supervision, performs all aspects of conventional design engineering and analysis. Broadens knowledge and skill set in area of discipline. May start to expand knowledge in other disciplines and/or functional areas.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Engineering design, analysis, and studies for land development aspects of high voltage substation and transmission line projects. Experience should include at least three years performing engineering, calculations and detailed design for land development related project work. Candidates should have a working knowledge of all aspects of civil design, including: site analysis, site layout, grading, drainage, stormwater management, erosion & sedimentation control, and utility infrastructure routing and design. Responsibilities include preparing construction drawings and specifications, supporting permitting activities, and supporting the field construction professionals by answering design and engineering questions during construction periods. Responsibilities may also include assisting in the design of reinforced concrete foundations and assisting in the preparation of construction schedules. The successful candidate will be responsible for interfacing with clients on design and construction issues. The successful candidate may also assist with performance management process, mentoring, recognition, and any corrective actions required.
Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing. Minimum of 3 years related work experience All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Experience with engineering software including AutoCAD Civil 3D, Microstation, InRoads, HEC-HMS, and HEC-RAS
• Proficient in theories and principles related to civil engineering design of land development projects – hydrology, hydraulics, earthwork, utilities, and erosion control.
• Knowledge of surveying and construction practices for land development projects.
• Proficient in practices of researching engineering and design issues, evaluating alternatives, making sound recommendations and preparing and presenting recommendations
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Possess the ability to learn on the fly, problem solve, deal with ambiguity and have a strong drive for results.
• Knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guidelines related to site development engineering.
• Knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office tools.