Civil Site Engineer 3
Date published: 9-Jun-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Power
Business Plan: ENG
Black & Veatch has an immediate need for a mid-level Civil Site Engineer based out of our Overland Park headquarters. Responsibilities include: site analysis and planning, site layouts, storm water management, erosion control and grading for a variety of Power Generation and Oil & Gas projects. The individual in this role may be asked to take a lead role in specified project tasks or help mentor less-experienced engineers on the team and will be responsible for interacting with a variety of internal and external stakeholders both locally and abroad.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Participate in site visits, conduct field assessments, and validate site conditions.
• Research and investigate site requirements within local jurisdictions.
• Engage with internal and external clients to determine project requirements, complete concept and design development, and participate in or lead design presentations.
• Communicate with a variety of municipal officials, regulatory agencies, and other authorities as needed to establish project requirements.
• Coordinate with a variety of office and project staff drainage, traffic, water/wastewater, utilities, and survey / other land use and development concerns.
• Prepare drawings in accordance with company standards and client requirements.
• May be tasked with preparing detailed design calculations when needed.
• May be tasked with assigning work to other team members when appropriate.
• Produce final hard and soft copy documents suitable for submission to clients consistent with contract requirements.
Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing. Minimum of 3 years related work experience All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Existing knowledge of municipal, state, and federal regulations impacting site development.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience of the site permitting process, including timelines associated with completing the process.
• Demonstrated ability to locate and interpret relevant code information and communicate with code officials regarding interpretation and compliance alternatives.
• Effective interpersonal skills to be welcome and effective with internal and external clients.
• Strong internal drive for quality and success.
• Effective organizational skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to travel to and maneuver through a variety of project and office sites.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.