Civil/Structural Construction Estimator
Date published: 1-Jul-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Plan: EST
BVCI, a proud part of the BV family of companies, offers union shop construction services for on-time, on-budget project delivery.<br><br>Our professionals deliver solid dependable solutions for industrial construction projects of all sizes, enabling us to provide leading construction services for our clients. Together, we have an integrated approach to project execution with an emphasis on safety, quality, cost, and schedule.<br><br>Our Services<br>We work with our clients on EPC as well as construction-only projects. We self-perform projects by executing direct hire labor as well as utilizing subcontractor elements.<br><br>We continue to expand our services offered and build our project backlog. <br><br>Now is the time to work at BVCI!
Prepares and reviews lump sum, unit rate and cost plus estimates. This position is an individual contributor with no direct reports.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for conceptual estimating, cost analysis and estimate coordination and consolidation
• Reviews the design scope and develop quantities
• Performs productivity analysis of estimates, prepare contingency, escalation and reconciliations for estimates
• Prepares contingency, escalation and reconciliations for estimates
• Performs comparisons of scope, quantities and cost data between projects
• Prepares management presentations and develop the estimate basis
• Updates and maintain historical cost data
• Reviews designs and specifications for cost effectiveness and suggests alternatives where appropriate.
• Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements.
• Individual contributor with no subordinates.
*** This position is not available for visa sponsorship
*** Only candidates local to the KC Metro area will be considered further
6 to 20 years of relevant experience, including some estimating experience, is required. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
BS or MS graduate in Construction Management or related field is preferred, but not required. Field and/or project experience is a plus.
• Complex estimating principles and practices including conceptual estimating
• Cost analysis
• Mathematical skills
• Project design scopes
• Consulting skills
• Analytical skills
• Interpret and understand specifications and contracts
• Microsoft Excel proficiency
• Microsoft Access proficiency
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Good presentation and interpersonal communication skills