Date published: 9-Aug-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Corporate-Finance
Business Plan: ITS
Engaged in advancing Black & Veatch cloud strategy for automation, deployment, operations and management of cloud services for the enterprise. The cloud engineer plays a key role in working with the B&V business, CIO Office, and managed service providers to ensure that B&V use of Microsoft Azure and Amazon AWS clouds continue to transform to support business need. Works under the Senior Cloud Architect within the CIO office to oversee architecture and design standards, cloud migration from on-premises datacenters, and innovate the cloud environment. Includes governance activities for security, financial management, and performance of all Black & Veatch cloud environments
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Participates in Technology Convergence team to govern cloud requests
Implements targeted cloud solutions based on business requests.
• Identifies shadow IT efforts and potential solutions.
• Implements SSO and supporting additional integrations between IT departmental systems.
• Configures cloud based systems based on defined standards/policies to optimize automation, integration and cost.
• Assists in day-to-day cloud support/troubleshooting of moderate to complex issues for non-prod cloud environments
Bachelor's Degree (in Business, Technology, Computer Science or related field), preferred or equivalent experience. Typically 8 years' related experience.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Experience in the .NET platform, Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud technical solutions and the associated services offered by each.
Experience with API’s, orchestration, automation, DevOps and database administration.
• Ability to work directly with subject matter experts within the B&V business to provide value within the current enterprise cloud architecture.
• Group facilitation and white boarding capabilities.
• Strong writing skills – able to delineate concise and structured recommendations for total solutions as well as simplifying systems architecture.
• Strong business engagement and customer relationship management.
• Ability to make complex systems simple and easy to understand.
• Comfort around higher management
• Organization agility
• Business & financial acumen