Commercial Superintendent - Data Centers
Date published: 7-Apr-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Plan: CNS
The Superintendent serves as Black & Veatch’s primary on-site representative and has authority overseeing all activities and work on the project site. This role is responsible for all on-site Safety, coordinating all Subcontract work, ensuring Quality, managing on-site Schedule, tracking Daily Progress, and closing out the project site.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manages all on-site Safety, including compliance to all OSHA and B&V standards, JHA’s & PPE requirements, and subcontractor reporting.
• Monitors, verifies and reports on construction activities for compliance with the CPM schedule; tracks and reports on completion of project schedule activities and commodity installation.
• Assists craft/subcontractors in resolving problems and reports on issues related to drawings and information, schedule, quality, quantity tracking, cost reporting, and safety.
• Monitors discipline construction productivity, progress, and cost, and reports to Construction Manager and Project Manager. Takes necessary actions to maintain targets.
• Conducts foreman/subcontractor meetings to review/assist in daily, weekly, and monthly planning.
• Develops and monitors 3 Week Look Ahead Schedule for assigned work scope. Develops corrective plan to ensure progress and productivity targets are met.
• Verifies that all material, manpower and other resources needed to support the 3 Week Look Ahead Schedule are available and on site.
• Develops, monitors, and reports on completion of craft/subcontractor punch list activities. Maintains a daily log for site records.
• Reviews all craft/subcontractor timesheets, installed quantity reports, and progress payment requests.
• Communicates and coordinates assigned craft/subcontractor(s) daily and weekly work plans with other discipline Superintendents and Construction Manager. Monitors assigned subcontractor(s) for compliance with subcontract scope and schedule requirements.
• Develops a stable working relationship with assigned subcontractor(s). Verifies work, tracks production/material and preparation of all extra work authorization requests (RFMPs/WAs).
• Assists the Construction Engineer in the compilation of or answering Contractor Information Requests. Responsible for compiling and answering CIRs if required. Administers the execution of work packages and equipment installation.
• Develops and distributes a Job Hazard Analysis for major erection packages within scope.
• Identifies Potential backcharges and out of scope issues and reports to Project Manager. Supports commercial recovery process.
• Provides supervision, training, development, and performance management to direct reports.
• Adheres to safety and quality standards as applicable to duties and accountabilities.
• Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements.
• Responsible for the successful execution of all field activities
3+ years experience as Superintendent 3 on similar projects in supervisory role or equivalent OSHA Training and Qualification 40 Hour required
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Engineering or Construction Management degree preferred.
• Budget and Cost Control Skills
• Industrial relations knowledge for recognizing and resolving potential labor issues
• Knowledge of Company construction guides and manuals.
• Construction safety awareness and comprehension
• Conflict Management Skills
• Multi-tasking Ability (prioritize, organize, schedule work)
• Problem-solving Skills (identify, analyze, research, evaluate, resolve)
• Project Management Skills
• Communication Skills
• Constructability Knowledge within discipline
• Constructability Knowledge within other disciplines
• Conceptual Planning Ability
• Legal Contract understanding
• Leadership Ability
• Human Relations Skills
• Risk Assessment/Management
• Cost Code Labor Productivity Systems
• Time Reporting Policies and Procedures