Construction Coordinator- Electric
Date published: 13-Jun-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Power
Business Plan: CNS
Completes the entire process of discipline specific CWPs (Construction Work Packages) and IWPs (Installation Work Packages) including development, implementation, and tracking of progress for complex and/or larger projects. Works with Discipline Superintendent to identify and resolve problems or issues related to material deliveries. Generate material takeoff / bill of material for CWPs and IWPs.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for planning, developing, issuing, and progress tracking of all CWPs and IWPs for complex projects.
• Participate in all integrated planning sessions associated with IWPs.
• Produce discipline specific IWPs for complex projects.
• Coordinate and collaborate with the respective discipline superintendents and/or general foremen to ensure that the IWPs when released to the field already have the "buy-in" of these key individuals.
• Assists Discipline Superintendent in verifying engineered quantities and coordinate Construction Contractor/craft commodity curves and Project Controls. Verify commodities installed and work completion status weekly (at a minimum).
• Works with Discipline Superintendent to identify and resolve problems or issues related to design information, schedule, , change management, safety, and quality. • Works with the responsible Field Engineer in the interpretation of Requests for Information (RFI) and may manage the documentation flow. Interfaces with the Discipline Field Engineer to provide constructible responses.
• Works with Discipline Superintendent to identify and resolve problems or issues related to material deliveries.
• Generate material takeoff / bill of material for CWPs and IWPs.
• Compiles IWP turnover information returned from the field.
• Reviews and monitors contractor/craft Look-Ahead Schedules for assigned work scope. Coordinates information with the Superintendent and Project Controls.
• Assists Discipline Superintendent in reviewing and approving craft timesheets/charge codes.
• Maintains a daily log for site records.
• Supports monitoring and reporting on completion of contractor/ craft punch list activities.
• Supports commercial recovery process (RFMP, WA, Backcharge, Etc.)
• Actively promote the safety culture.
• May monitor vendor representative (supplier) daily logs and reviews / approves their timesheets.
• May compile and maintain conformed to construction records, or direct field engineering staff in this regard.
• May establish and direct site document control activities for design documents.
• May assist Field Quality Assurance Manager in performing inspections and verifications of tests.
• May provide training, development, and performance management for direct reports.
• Supports continuous improvement efforts.
• May fill in for Superintendent, as needed.
• Acts in capacity of a "lead person." Does not have management responsibility for the people to whom they provide work direction except as assigned. May direct other construction coordinators. Interface with Superintendent, general foreman, foreman, craft personnel, construction manager and vendor representatives.
• May supervise work of others. May be responsible for hiring, discipline, and pay administration of their subordinates. May supervise lead persons.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
High School Diploma or equivalent preferred; 4 year degree preferred. Typically 6+ years construction or construction management experience in similar facility construction. Supervisory experience preferred.
• Strong knowledge of cost control, scheduling, engineering drawings and other documents
• Ability to set-up and perform project controls functions on smaller, less complex projects
• Ability to do material takeoffs and field estimates
• Communication skills
• Organizational skills
• Safety regulations
• Dealing with ambiguity
• Problem Solving
• Supervisory skills
• Contract administration
• Decision Quality
• Presentation Skills
• Ability to understand craft activities / dynamics
• Advanced Excel Skills