Construction Manager 2 - Wireless Integration
Date published: 4-Aug-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Telecom
Business Plan: CNS
War Room construction manager. Deploys tiger teams and build GCs to LTE, UMTS, GSM, or NSB sites in order to clear all alarms and issues in order to have sites ready for AT&T to turn on air for their customers. Hosts a bridge with the OEM Engineering team and any required customer personnel to directing troubleshooting for each site daily.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manages and coordinates all on-site subcontractor activities for troubleshooting and repair of ALU and Ericsson OEM equipment.
• Supervises and mentors FCMs and tower crews for best practices in building out the projects.
• Monitors and reports on construction repairs and troubleshooting corrections to market managers and teams.
• Directs and approves the troubleshooting change orders and invoices of subcontractors and facilitates the information to the PSA responsible for POR (purchase order request) generation.
• Coordinates the build GCs and tiger teams to return to sites that have failed the OEM integration tasks in order to clear all alarms and make each site ready for AT&T to hand over to optimization and then customer launch.
• Responsible for client interface and relations in regards to anything dealing with troubleshooting and integration issues and alarms.
• Coordinates with customer equipment engineer to obtain proper materials needed for troubleshooting and repair internally and with the AT&T CSSLs.
• Conducts daily coordination meetings with AT&T PMs for each respective project.
• Conducts subcontractor meetings when best practice information needs distributed to the field.
• Reports daily schedule and future schedule on a per site basis for integration and troubleshooting dates.
• Monitors all extra work authorization requests for acceptance and is responsible for subordinates providing the timely tracking information to Project Controls to support the change management system.
• Adheres to Safety, Quality, Ethical Standards, Lessons Learned, and Performance Management programs in accordance with Division Policies, Standards, Guides, and Contractual commitments.
• Has full knowledge of the safety program and acts as the Safety Representative on site in the absence of the regular Safety Supervisor.
• Has general knowledge of all disciplines of construction and is able to stand in for each lead discipline.
• Resolves safety and quality issues with the safety and quality managers. Further disputes are then deferred to the Safety and Quality Managers.
• Understands the major commercial and deliverable terms of the construction subcontracts and manages within these terms.
• Coordinates with the AT&T Field Engineers for outage requests and integration issues.
• Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements.
3 years at Entry level CM or 5+ years at Superintendent Level; All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Knowledge of troubleshooting steps for wireless build outs
Experienced with the running of tower crews
Knowledge of project budget process and tools
Knowledge of department budget process and tools
Knowledge of Project controls
Administrative policies and procedures
Construction Project Management Systems
Conceptual planning ability
Conflict management skills
Leadership ability (team building, coaching, mentoring, change management, advising)
Multi-tasking ability (prioritize, organize, schedule work)
Problem solving skills (identify, analyze, research, evaluate, resolve)
Project management skills
Communication and meeting skills
Time reporting systems
Expense reporting policies and procedures