Construction Project Manager 3
Date published: 11-Oct-2017
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Plan: PMT
Manages all aspects of construction and design-build projects. Responsible for the day-to-day successful execution of contracted engineering, procurement, and construction scope in the areas of performance, financial metrics, planning, schedule, quality, contractual compliance, safety, and client satisfaction. Provides for the successful staffing of the project. Manages and leads medium to large teams of multi-discipline professionals. Coordinates and integrates the activities associated with the engineering, procurement, construction, and startup elements of the project team, including the activities of all third party companies contributing to the initiative.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• P&L for all construction and design-build projects.
• Lead Data Center’s dedicated construction team (PMs, superintendents, estimating & safety). Among responsibilities is management of a project team. The individuals comprising this team may vary by project.
• Ensures the project teams identify, understand and properly manage all project risks (contractual, logistics, safety, financial, etc.)
• Ensures the project teams properly scope and buy-out projects.
• Develop, train and mentor a strong data center construction team capable of scaling to larger, more complex projects.
• Partner w/ other B&V business units and support organizations to ensure continued success and growth of the Data Center business. We don’t need to “recreate the wheel.” Instead, we need to adapt existing B&V processes & systems to support our business.
• Manages multiple clients. Obtains new/repeat business on projects; supports contract negotiations with other client personnel.
• Identifies client requirements. Develops and maintains relationships with clients. Conducts market research. Writes and presents project estimates and proposals including scope, cost, and schedule according to client requirements and bid processes.
• Risk to B&V(Profit & Loss Responsibility) - Manages risk which may include fixed price, new technology, non-domestic markets or new clients
Bachelor of science degree.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Typically 9 years experience.
• Preferred Skills & Competencies:
• Understanding of preconstruction from conceptual phase through GMP (or hard bid) development. Understanding of construction activities from breaking ground through close-out and warranty.
• Strong business and financial acumen. Includes experience with: negotiating contract commercial terms; managing project budgets, costs, and receivables; contracts and legal issues; analyzing and reporting health metrics as a basis for improvement. Applies knowledge of policies and regulations to project scope.
• Experience with project management phases & methodology including, project initiation, planning, execution, monitoring & control, and closeout to direct work. Experience managing changes and risk on scope, cost, schedule, quality, and safety based on available resources and client requirements. Experience managing constructability and procurement.
• Strong leadership competence. Communicates clear expectations, goals, and vision. Manages performance of direct reports. Motivates, coaches, and mentors professionals. Delegates project work. Practices behaviors supporting diversity and inclusion. Manages conflict and collaboration to achieve results.
• Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills
• Strong client management skills; builds relationships
• Directs Work
• Manages Complexity
• Manages Conflict