Date published: 6-Dec-2017
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Management Consulting
Business Plan: CST
Black & Veatch Management Consulting, LLC (BVMC) is selectively expanding its consulting practice, situated within Black & Veatch Corporation, one of the world’s most respected engineering, consulting and construction management firms. BVMC provides services in the world wide power generation, electric, oil & gas, renewable energy, and water market segments, and its consulting practice emphasizes a holistic, multi-disciplinary approach that integrates strategic, operations, financial and process-based advisory services to private and investor-owned energy companies, financial institutions, municipalities, and government agencies. BVMC is seeking a consultant-level professional to join approximately 250 consultants, regulatory policy advisors, technology specialists, and internationally respected subject matter experts. This position will report to the Transaction Services Team within BVMC, where consultants in this practice generally contribute to multiple projects at a given time.
The successful candidate will contribute to technical, environmental, and financial assessment of multiple types of assets, including but not limited to conventional generation, oil & gas, transmission, water, and renewable energy projects on behalf of lenders and investors; initially serving in a supporting role to a multi-disciplinary team of Independent Engineering and Technical Due Diligence consultants.
The candidate will play a key role on a team of engineers, consultants, and financial analysts, with the expectation to collect and analyze data, develop technical assessment reports, conduct site visits, develop and maintain client contacts, and develop overall project management responsibilities over time.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• The candidate should have a minimum of 4 years consulting or power generation experience (e.g. plant operations, engineering, consulting, and/or management) and have a solid working knowledge of conventional generation, oil & gas, transmission, water, and/or renewable energy technologies.
• The candidate should also have exposure to: plant inspections, outage assessment, plant and portfolio budget processes, equipment condition assessment, capital project assessments, reliability/availability assessments, conducting field observations, performance assessments, financial analysis and models; as well as a general understanding of electric power commercial and regulatory practices.
• Comfort dealing with internal and external upper management, power generation asset owners, asset/portfolio managers, plant management and field personnel, technology experts and other consultants is essential. Experience with or exposure to large commercial banks, private equity and energy developers during financing transactions is a plus.
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• 4+ years of experience in an engineering/business consulting environment
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Individual should have experience and qualifications that are gained as a consultant, engineer, or plant engineer, or through exposure to technical considerations at a financial institution.
• An engineering degree or other technical degree are preferred, though financial, economic, or MBA degrees will be considered if accompanied by supporting relevant experience and qualifications