Date published: 1-Jul-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Corporate-Finance
Business Plan: FIN
Responsible for the preparation and entry of general ledger journal entries; completion of complex account reconciliations and preparation of assigned financial reports
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Reconciles assigned accounts across Black & Veatch’s entities, identifies and researches reconciling items.
• Identifies risk and opportunities and assesses reasonableness of balances.
• Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvement
• Preparation and data input of journal entries
• Monitors inter-firm transactions and related elimination process and assist with coordination of resolution of any issues
• Assists in preparing the monthly/quarterly balance sheet analysis.
• Monitors and balances between systems to ensure completeness and accuracy
• Participation in external audit for local KC office as needed
• Cross-functional coordination of tasks with various areas of Black & Veatch Corporate Finance, Payroll, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Tax, and Treasury
• Performs special projects as directed by management or other businesses
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent experience. Typically 2+ years’ related experience
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Applicant must be able to handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously, set priorities, and adhere to deadlines in an organized manner
• Applicant must be a problem solver with a proven ability to research, analyze, produce and ensure the accuracy of highly detailed work
• Excellent communicator who proactively seeks solutions and develops positive working relationships
• Possess a unique blend of attention to details as well as an overall understanding of the "big picture"
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel
• Payroll accounting knowledge a plus