Data Architect Analyst
Date published: 9-Jun-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Corporate-Finance
Business Plan: ITS
Works under general direction to enhance and maintain a business intelligence and analytics environment, leveraging business intelligence tools as part of an overall data warehouse strategy. Provides support to enhance the data warehouse to report on operational statistics/performance results; creates and enhances scorecards/dashboards; supports strategies established for predictive analytics and technical/tool refreshes. Translates business needs into long-term architecture solutions for client. Assists with managing the execution of Master Data policies, workflow management, governance, standards and maintenance of master data in Enterprise wide systems. This involves ensuring the integrity and quality of data as a single point of reference.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Defines business requirements that impact overall system architecture.
• Define use cases and user stories for implementation in various channels across the enterprise. Ensures successful implementation through the performance of user acceptance testing.
• Elicits, crafts, and outlines clear business rules to implement across the enterprise. Engages stakeholders from various business areas to define and agree on prioritized use cases for leveraging business rules to generate business value.
• Performs ad hoc analyses as required.
• Documents technical requirements/modifications for the design of new reports utilizing MS Power BI and other BI reporting tools.
• Assists business users to scope programming efforts in order for technical teams to develop cost estimates and creates technical specs.
• Advocates the use of modern database technology platforms and associated toolsets and techniques to develop and/or redesign business applications.
• Assists business partners, business relationship managers and application developers the evaluate business requirements for new opportunities and developing solutions aligning to the BI/DW Roadmap.
• Collaborates with IT operations and enterprise architecture counterparts to ensure that solutions are well-documented, strategically aligned and sustainable.
• Develops front-end, metadata and ETL specifications to support business requirements for reporting across the organization.
• Individual contributor with no subordinates.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Bachelor's Degree in (Data Analytics, Business, Technology, Computer Science or related field), preferred or equivalent experience.
Typically 4-6 years related experience.
Preferred Technical Competencies:
• Demonstrated experience in knowledge of Data Analytics processes with large scale data volume, preferred.
• Demonstrated experience in hands-on Data Analytics with business intelligence platforms and software packages, preferred.
• Demonstrated experience in full life cycle Data Analysis development, architect and tuning support, preferred.
• Proven experience architecting Data Analytics capabilities that advance fact-based decision making for an organizations.
• SQL Server, Microsoft Power BI, Azure Data Lake knowledge from an architecture standpoint, preferred.
• General Business Knowledge of fundamental business practices and concepts that impact the success and profitability of the organization, including budget management, preferred.
• Ability to manage tasks within a highly iterative, agile development process to provide value to the business at consistent, short intervals
• Ability to identify and effectively resolve issues.
• Proven ability to build and maintain strong, mutually beneficial relationships.
Preferred Non-Technical Competencies:
• Analysis & Problem Assessment
• Business Insight & Financial Acumen
• Cultivates Innovation
• Customer Focus
• Decision Quality
• Drive for Results and Commitment to Quality
• Instills Trust
• Manages Complexity/Problem Solving
• Peer Relationships
• Plans & Aligns