Division Safety & Health Mgr
Date published: 31-Oct-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Oil/Gas
Business Plan: CNS
This is a high-level office position, which is accountable for implementing and maintaining the company’s Safety & Health Procedures for the Oil & Gas Business Line.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
This is a high-level office position, which is accountable for implementing and maintaining the company's Safety & Heath Procedures for the Oil & Gas Business Line.
• Manages division offices and project safety and health performance.
• Manages safety and health component of division’s strategic plan.
• Develops and implements safety and health programs that assist division to meet company and division safety and health goals and expectations.
• Develops division and project specific safety and health and loss control programs and processes.
• Develops and conducts employee safety and health training programs.
• Implements, administers and maintains Drug and Alcohol Substance Abuse Program for a division.
• Manages International Lifeline Program.
• Administers company Worker’s Compensation programs and procedures. • Coordinates division Emergency Action Plan and Disaster Recovery Program.
• Conducts division safety and health performance evaluations.
• Conducts site safety and health inspections and safety and health program audits.
• Conducts incident and injury/illness investigations.
• Writes detailed investigation and safety and health progress reports.
• Interfaces with clients and government officials.
• Interfaces with key division and corporate management.
• May act as Safety & Health Consultant for internal and external clients.
• May act as temporary project fill in for lower level safety and health professionals.
• Provides supervision, training, development, and performance management of direct reports.
• Serves as a mentor to other safety and health professionals.
• Identifies and assesses improvement opportunities which will add value. Champions continuous improvement efforts. Assesses and supports the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements. Proactively supports, encourages and facilitates staff to engage in continuous improvement activities.
• Supervises work of others. Responsible for hiring, discipline, and pay administration of their subordinates. Supervises Safety & Health Intern, Safety and Health Specialist 1, 2, & 3, Safety and Health Manager 1, 2, & 3. Acts as project manager. Among responsibilities is management of a project team. The individuals comprising this team may vary by project.
Bachelor’s Degree, advanced safety and health certification. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
10+ years in a construction environment preferred. 15+ years safety and health management experience.
• Candidate will have extensive experience on large scale Oil & Gas projects in the Americas and Internationally
• Candidate has demonstrated leadership skills leading teams and is assertive in delivering world class safety programs
• Candidate has experience in overseeing and implementing pre start up safety reviews for startup and commissioning phases of Oil & Gas projects with emphasis on LNG, Ammonia, and NGL facilities
• Knowledge of safety and health standards and practices
• Knowledge of company substance abuse policies and procedures
• Knowledge of construction contracting strategies and contract administration
• Knowledge of insurance program administration including owner-controlled and contractor-controlled insurance programs
• Knowledge of worker’s compensation policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of project and division safety and health budgeting and cost control
• Knowledge of environmental laws and company and client programs, procedures
• Knowledge of security risk and control processes and procedures
• Knowledge of company safety and health consultation capabilities and ability to perform as a consultant
• Ability to effectively interface with client and government officials
• Communication skills
• Ability to effectively manage emergency situations
• Word processing and spreadsheet computer software programs
• Ability to write detailed reports
• Human relations skills
• Conflict management skills
• Leadership skills
• Multi-tasking skills
• Ability to travel Nationally and Internationally