Date published: 5-Jan-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Management Consulting
Business Plan: SPC
This role is in our EDGE, early career rotation program. As part of the rotation program you will complete about 3 rotations over a period of three to four years. Rotations will vary in length from ½ to 2 years per rotation at field locations, regional offices or home offices in various functions in the business. These roles are accountable for performing various assignments relating to all groups supporting business activities. Will participate in the training program to gain exposure to various areas of business.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Core Program Requirements include:
• Completing annual online training and annual training summit
• Meeting with Mentor & Champion Quarterly
• Attending Quarterly Program call
• Additional assigned program tasks
• Completing three rotations over a period of three-four years with one rotation in the field and one in the office.
Rotational areas may include:
• Assisting with project controls activities including tracking cost and developing schedules.
• Assisting field staff in any areas of operation (facilitators, inspectors, project controls, safety, etc.)
• Supporting construction estimates.
• Assisting in pre-planning safety & health activities. Auditing construction activities for compliance with company and project safety & health requirements. Assisting in execution of safety & health program elements for their respective field.
• Performing shop inspections with the quality group. Reviews codes and requirements. May work with material applications.
• Assisting procurement with logistics activities, packaging subcontracts for construction projects, and working with site materials management.
• Assisting startup in the home office with proposal preparation, commodity evaluations, and spreadsheet tools development.
•Supporting field startup with progress tracking, cost evaluations, turnover package development, system walkdowns, and punchlist maintenance.
• Providing legal research and litigation support. Assisting attorneys in maintaining and organizing legal projects, drafting and reviewing simple legal documents.
• Performing basic level accounting duties of assigned projects, such as revenue recognition, transactional accounting and invoicing. Ensures the project is in compliance with contractual obligations.
• Performing routine aspects of engineering assignments requiring knowledge and application of basic engineering principles. Applies knowledge of engineering principles to prescribed techniques and procedures to complete project assignments.
• Performing engineering technical work requiring basic, technical knowledge utilizing electronic applications, processes, standards and document control processes/procedures for the purpose of creating or modifying deliverables.
• Assisting with the coordination of the pre and post construction environmental compliance process for assigned projects. Monitors compliance in regards to FAA/FCC guidelines for RF exposure Safety and National Environmental Protection Act (NEPA). Completes summary of scope of work and summary of existing environmental and NEPA reports. Monitors and tracks progress on all open compliance transactions.
• Gathering data and providing basic analysis work products to contribute to the completion of an engagement. Team leaders or engagement management provide regular guidance and high level of oversight.
Duties with these rotational areas may also include:
• Developing spreadsheets as requested.
• Performing various other assignments at the request of construction management.
• Analyzing and communicating results and/or trends of designated assignments.
• Communicating information to site staff/departments
• Traveling to construction sites
• Performing other general work for business, engineering and construction departments
• Working in the field directly for the project assisting in all areas of field operations.
• Individual contributor with no subordinates.
4-year degree required. No prior work experience required.
Intermittent travel to project sites required. Short-term and Long-term relocation to project sites or regional offices required.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Analytical skills
• Communications skills, both written and oral
• Initiative, self-starter, highly motivated
• Organizational Agility
• Action oriented
• Interpersonal Savvy
• Dealing with Ambiguity
• Attention to detail
• Mathematical skills
• Problem solving skills
• Computer skills