EPC Project Director - Power
Date published: 7-Apr-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Power
Business Plan: PMT
Manages all aspects of large complex Engineering Procurement Construction (EPC)/Service Power Generation and Renewable Energy projects, including risk to cost, schedule, quality. Responsible for the day-to-day successful execution of contracted engineering, procurement, and construction scope in the areas of performance, financial metrics, planning, schedule, quality, contractual compliance, safety, and client satisfaction. Provides for the successful staffing of the project. Manages and leads global teams of multi-discipline professionals. Coordinates and integrates the activities associated with the engineering, procurement, construction, and startup elements of the project team, including the activities of all third party companies contributing to the initiative.
Position requires extensive experience with construction execution and onsite experience. Experience with craft labor, subcontractor management and various types of construction execution.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Project Complexity – Oversees multiple PMs utilizing global teams and multiple partners and/or Leads large complex projects
• Number of Projects and/or Clients- Manages multiple clients and/or accountable for implementing strategic new Business objectives
• Client Management – Oversees and delivers strategic new business and builds relationships with key client executives
• Project Initiation – Directly involved in proposal support, project bidding, and cost and schedule reviews
• Risk To B&V (Profit & Loss Responsibility) – Manages broad and varied complex risk for multiple clients or projects
• Officer Expectations and Responsibilities – Meets or Exceeds the VP requirements of the Officer Guidelines Booklet and the Criteria For Officer Designation
• Acts as a project manager. Among responsibilities is management of a project team. The individuals comprising this team may vary by project.
• Staffing – Responsible for team selection and talent identification.
Bachelor of science degree.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Typically 20 years experience. Preferred Skills & Competencies: • Business Development - Intermediate - Identifies client requirements. Develops and maintains relationships with clients. Conducts market research. Writes and presents project estimates and proposals including scope, cost, and schedule according to client requirements and bid processes. • Business Acumen - Intermediate - Negotiates contract commercial terms. Manages project budgets, costs, and receivables. Manages contracts and legal issues. Analyzes and reports health metrics as a basis for improvement. Applies knowledge of policies and regulations to project scope. Builds relationships with key stakeholders. Applies value creation. • Execution - Intermediate - Uses B&V project management phases & methodology including, project initiation, planning, execution, monitoring & control, and closeout to direct work. Manages changes and risk on scope, cost, schedule, quality, and safety based on available resources and client requirements. Manages constructability and procurement. Manages warranty plan. • Leadership - Intermediate - Communicates clear expectations, goals, and vision.Manages performance of direct reports. Motivates, coaches, and mentors professionals. Delegates project work. Practices behaviors supporting diversity and inclusion. Manages conflict and collaboration to achieve results. • Builds Networks • Client Focus • Develops Talent • Directs Work • Drives Vision & Purpose • Financial Acumen • Manages Complexity • Manages Conflict • Tech Savvy • Values Differences • Business Insight