Electrical Drafter – Power | Oil & Gas
Date published: 14-Jun-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Power
Business Plan: ENT
Our junior-level Engineering Technicians (Drafters) are tasked with preparing drawings for a range of Power and/or Oil & Gas projects. Utilizing a variety of design tools, client standards, and document control processes and procedures, this position provides a tremendous career development opportunity within Black & Veatch.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare electrical drawings for a variety of Power and/or Oil & Gas facilities.
• Assist in drafting detailed drawings for building layout and design development. Drawings will include raceway composites, cable tray layouts, lighting and communications, site grounding, duct bank sections and hazardous area location. Basic knowledge of Bentley Design Tools such as MicroStation, Bentley Raceway & Cable Management, ProjectWise and Navigator.
• AutoCAD knowledge a plus but not required.
• Use 3D software listed above to assist in modeling electrical design components, managing styles and template development.
• Demonstrate knowledge of CAD standards and best practices.
• Learn and successfully apply company, client, and project drafting standards and procedures.
• Provide a range of drawing production work including problem analysis, layout, detailing, drafting, and calculations.
• Demonstrate knowledge of the electrical discipline or assigned specialty group within the discipline.
• Coordinate drafting activities with other designers, drafters, and design disciplines.
• Successfully communicate and correspond with internal design resources and external clients and personnel.
• Execute project design changes and drawing revisions.
• Maintain CAD proficiency and work toward mastering current CAD systems.
• May perform field inspections
• Other duties as assigned.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Associate Degree in Drafting or an Engineering Design Related Technology preferred.
• Minimum of 1 year related work experience.
• Prior experience with Bentley design tools preferred
Preferred Non-Technical Competencies:
• Good communication skills
• Strong drive for results
• Team-focused mentality