Electrical Engineer 3 - Power Delivery
Date published: 7-Oct-2017
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Power
Business Plan: ENG
Functions in a mid level engineer capacity, or technical specialist. Under general supervision, performs all aspects of conventional design engineering and analysis. Broadens knowledge and skill set in area of discipline. May start to expand knowledge in other disciplines and/or functional areas.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides guidance and direction on client/department design guides, standards, systems, applicable engineering codes and B&V policies.
• Assists in developing, maintaining and updating engineering standards.
• Provides technical guidance to others regarding projects and disciplines.
Quality / Continuous Improvement:
• Independently applies knowledge and complies with B&V quality program relative to assigned tasks.
• May be responsible for ensuring compliance with B&V quality program.
• Provides related guidance and direction to others.
• Supports continuous improvement and change management efforts.
• Prepares a variety of complex engineering deliverables for larger or multiple projects.
• Performs complex research and develops recommendations for equipment and/or materials selection.
• Oversees collection, assimilation, and management of data for engineering work.
• Prepares complex engineering calculations following standard methods and principles.
• Manages assigned budget, schedule, and quality requirements.
• Independently applies advanced engineering techniques and analysis problems and methods.
• Actively coordinates with all other internal/external team members on moderately complex projects.
Knowledge Sharing, Innovation and Technology:
• Serves as a technical specialist and has knowledge and skill set to provide consultation and guidance to project teams in a particular practice area.
• Typically supports multiple projects on the complex technical challenges.
• Actively fosters knowledge management and provides mentoring.
• Develops and applies advanced engineering concepts and approaches to unique engineering problems.
Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing. Minimum of 3 years related work experience All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Passed Fundamentals of Engineering Exam
• Written Communications
• Drive for Results
• Decision Quality
• Priority Setting
• Planning and Delegation
• Conflict Management
• Dealing with Ambiguity
• Customer Focus
• Working knowledge of substation high voltage physical design such as (substation arrangement, electrical clearances, rigid bus design, raceway, lightning protection, grounding analysis/design, and similar areas) AND/OR knowledge of substation protection & control design (development of relaying one lines, schematics, wiring diagrams, RTU/SCADA drawings, control building layouts, relay panel layouts, coordination studies, relay settings and similar areas).