Electrical Engineer 3 - Power Generation Services
Date published: 6-Jan-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Power
Business Plan: ENG
Black & Veatch provides engineering, technology, consulting, and construction solutions that span the life cycle of projects in the power generation, power delivery and hydrocarbon process industries. Our services encompass planning, design, procurement, construction, startup, optimization and maintenance.
This is a mid-level position in which the professional will perform power electrical system design on new and existing domestic or international utility and industrial power generation facilities. Experience in gas, oil & chemical, water/wastewater, or other industrial process industries may also be considered.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare electrical equipment specifications for electrical equipment such as transformers, motor control centers, MV and LV Switchgear and general electrical equipment selection.
• Review drawings and supplier equipment documentation from both within the electrical engineering discipline and in coordination with other engineering disciplines for compliance with the project requirements.
• Develop single line and three line diagrams, area classifications, power and control schematics, wiring design, raceway design specific to tray and conduit systems, lighting and grounding design and electrical installation details.
• Perform special electrical system studies or analyses involving review, research calculation, and equipment selection to develop required reports.
• Equipment/protective device sizing and power system studies.
• Complete projects with the specified electrical deliverables such as equipment supplier bid evaluations, load lists, electrical equipment, cable and conduit schedules, generator sizing, single-line and three line diagrams for low & medium voltage, hazardous area classification drawings and ground grid design.
• Visit project sites to gather field data in preparation of project deliverables.
• Ensure adherence to industry standards and code compliance.
• The candidate will have knowledge in planning, scheduling, conducting, and coordination of detailed phases of engineering work for an assigned portion of a major project or a total project of small to moderate scope.
• Duties include supervising engineering work of assigned drafters and designers. Candidate will be expected to coordinate and communicate with personnel in other departments, project managers and client personnel to review designs and resolve areas of concern.
Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing. Minimum of 3 years related work experience All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
PE license or ability to obtain license is preferred.