Electrical Engineer 4 - Power Generation | Oil & Gas
Date published: 13-Jun-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Power
Business Plan: ENG
Individuals in this role typically function as technical specialists or lead small teams of engineers and/or designers. With minimal supervision, you will be tasked with performing a variety of engineering activities on a range of Power and Oil & Gas projects.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Specific tasks include, but are not limited to:
• Prepare one-line, three-line, phasing, panelboards, schematic, and wiring diagrams for project’s electric systems in accordance with company standards and client requirements.
• Layout project’s electrical equipment.
• Manage project’s electrical load via load list.
• Perform cable and grounding sizing for interconnection of project’s electrical loads per codes and standards.
• Size, specify, and select project electrical equipment including but not limited to the following: batteries, battery chargers, UPS, isolated phase bus duct, cable bus, switchgear, motor control centers, enclosures, and transformers.
• Develop auxiliary electric system control and protection schemes for auxiliary electric system.
• Perform project’s load flow, short circuit, motor starting, and incident energy analysis utilizing ETAP.
• Perform project relay settings.
Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing. Minimum of 5 years related work experience All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Previous power generation or Oil & Gas experience preferred
• Professional Licensure (PE) strongly preferred
• Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Natural drive for results