Engineering Technician 2 - AutoCAD or MicroStation - Power Delivery
Date published: 12-Apr-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Power
Business Plan: ENT
Under close supervision, performs basic functions requiring technical knowledge utilizing electronic applications, processes, standards and document control processes/procedures for the purpose of creating or modifying deliverable. Evaluates methods used to accomplish the drafting and/or design activities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Continues to learn and apply standards, systems, document control, departmental guides and B&V policies and procedures.
Quality / Continuous Improvement:
- Ensures that deliverables are accurate and compliant by continually developing knowledge of the B&V Quality Program.
- Demonstrates personal accuracy and supports continuous improvement and change management efforts.
- Broadens knowledge of the applications required to modify and develop less complex deliverables based on a variety of design inputs.
- May assist with minor computations such as material quantity estimates and dimensional checks.
- May assist in coordinating deliverables with other groups involved on the same project to minimize interference or errors.
- Focuses on the needs of internal clients while attempting to gain basic understanding of external client's main interests and drivers.
Knowledge Sharing, Innovation and Technology:
- Proactively seeks and shares knowledge of latest technologies and processes.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Diploma or Certificate preferred. Associate Degree in Drafting or an Engineering Design Related Technology preferred. Typically a minimum of 1 year related work experience. Preferred Non-Technical Competencies: • Learning on the Fly • Problem Solving • Perseverance • Patience • Time Management • Drive for Results • Self Development • Customer Focus • Listening • Informing Preferred Technical Competencies: • Intermediate knowledge of Computer Automated Drafting Design (CADD) or other applications or design or modeling skills. • Basic knowledge of engineering standards, systems, document control, departmental guides and B&V policies and procedures. • Basic industry knowledge and technology trends • Basic knowledge of company quality program • Basic ability to interpret engineering deliverable content as assigned.