Engineering Technician 4 - Document Controller – Power Delivery
Date published: 8-Aug-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Power
Business Plan: ENT
Functions in a senior level engineering technician capacity. With minimal supervision, performs advanced functions requiring knowledge and use of electronic applications, standards and document control processes/procedures in support of creating and modifying deliverables. May provide technical guidance and direction to other engineering professionals including delegation of work assignments.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Applies knowledge of standards, systems, document control, departmental guides, applicable codes, B&V policies and procedures.
Quality / Continuous Improvement:
- Proactively applies knowledge of the B&V Quality Program relative to deliverables.
- Demonstrates personal accuracy and supports continuous improvement and change management efforts.
- Reviews design inputs in order to ensure consistency.
- Assists to ensure deliverables are in compliance with the specific codes and standards suitable for the project.
- Broadening the use of applications to continuously evaluate and improve methods, processes and procedures used to complete deliverables.
- Create and develop deliverables based on a variety of design inputs.
- May perform computations such as development of design calculations, detailed material quantities and estimates.
- Coordinate deliverables with other groups involved on the same project to minimize interference or errors.
- Detailed understanding of the deliverables created by other project team design disciplines and how they relate to the professional’s area of expertise.
- May support field activities.
- May be responsible for support of project finalization including consolidation of construction records for as-built drawings
-May coordinate workflow to professionals to ensure deliverables remain on schedule and budget.
-May coordinate with Engineering Manager on project schedule and budget status.
- Focuses on the needs of internal clients while gaining an understanding of external client's main interests and drivers.
-Maintain knowledge of current client deliverable standards, guidelines, and processes.
Knowledge Sharing, Innovation and Technology:
- Proactively seeks and shares knowledge of latest technologies and processes.
- May apply judgment and makes decisions with respect to deliverables and input interpretation.
People Management - (supervision - career development - developing professionals, mentoring):
- May provide work direction and career guidance to others.
-May be a personnel supervisor.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Diploma or Certificate preferred. Associate Degree in Drafting or an Engineering Design Related Technology preferred. Typically a minimum of 3 years related work experience. Proficient in AutoCAD, MicroStation, PLS-CADD, or related software
Preferred Non-Technical Competencies: • Learning on the Fly • Problem Solving • Perseverance • Patience • Time Management • Drive for Results • Self Development • Customer Focus • Listening • Informing
Preferred Technical Competencies: • Ability to use Computer Automated Drafting Design (CADD), information modeling or other applications or design or modeling skills and/or design principles and practices. • Intermediate knowledge of engineering standards, systems, document control, departmental guides and B&V policies and procedures. • Intermediate industry knowledge and technology trends • Intermediate knowledge of company quality program • Intermediate ability to interpret engineering deliverable content as assigned. • Intermediate knowledge of other disciplines • Basic knowledge of construction & constructability practices & principles • Basic knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides related to assigned engineering discipline