Environmental Regulatory Licensing Specialist
Date published: 12-Apr-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Power
Business Plan: ENS
Regulatory Licensing Specialist needed to research environmental regulations and assist clients in applying for and obtaining permits and achieve compliance with environmental requirements in construction, modification, operation and acquisition/divestiture of major infrastructure and industrial facilities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Researching, monitoring, reviewing and summarizing federal, state, local and international environmental legislation and regulations for power generation and major industries
• Consulting with regulatory agencies to obtain relevant data and guidance, ascertain applicable permitting requirements and processes, and identify options and alternatives for obtaining authorizations and waivers
• Preparation of memoranda, documents, reports and permit applications relevant to permitting, licensing, and environmental compliance efforts
• Advising and assisting Project Managers in coordinating engineering, environmental and subconsultants in performance of environmental studies and licensing work
• Performing evaluations of facilities and properties to assess risks and valuation of assets in transactional divestiture and/or acquisition projects
A minimum total of 1 year of related work experience is typically necessary to move into this level. Graduate work may count as related work experience if directly applicable to job function. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
BS/BA in environmental studies or environmental engineering, or related field, including paralegal training, with preference for a higher MS or JD degree preferred.
• Demonstrable problem solving and teamwork skills
• Excellent analytical, written and oral communication skills, organizational skills, and regulatory research capabilities.
• Ability to travel both domestically and internationally and work extended hours and weekends when necessary
• Experience in working with or for environmental regulatory agencies, law firm and/or environmental consulting firm desired
• Experience in performing routing studies associated with Transmission line projects (or similar)