Estimator - Civil/Structural, Concrete
Date published: 3-Oct-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Power
Business Plan: EST
Assists in preparation and review of lump sum, unit rate and cost plus estimates and in preparation of conceptual estimating cost analysis.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for estimate coordination and consolidation of each of the discipline estimates into the Proposal Estimate
• Reviews design scopes and develop quantities
• Performs productivity analysis of construction operations
• Prepares direct labor estimates, distributable or contractors indirect cost estimates
• Prepares contingency, escalation and reconciliation for estimates
• Performs comparisons of scope, quantities and cost data between projects
• Prepares management presentations
• Updates and maintain historical cost data
• Reviews designs and specifications for cost effectiveness and suggest alternatives where appropriate
• Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements.
• Individual contributor with no subordinates.
5 to 10 years of relevant experience is required. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
BS or MS graduate in Construction Management or related field is preferred, but not required. Field and/or project experience is a plus. Preferred Competencies:
• Complex estimating principles/procedures
• Cost principles/procedures
• Mathematical skills
• Project design scopes
• Consulting skills
• Analytical skills
• Interpret and understand specifications and contracts
• Microsoft Excel
• Microsoft Access
• Verbal and written communication skills
• Presentation skills