Field Construction Manager - Telecom
KS-Overland Park, MO-Chesterfield
Date published: 13-Jun-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Telecom
Business Plan: CNS
Construction Manager with Wireless Telecom experience for NSB's/modifications and/or scoping or troubleshooting.
This position is accountable for the successful construction execution for subcontract projects. This position has authority to allocate resources and make construction decisions for the assigned area in accordance with Division Policies, Standards, Guides and Contractual commitments.
This role can be based in St. Louis or Kansas City
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Accountable for site safety, quality, schedule and cost on assigned projects. This position is responsible for assuring availability of resources with proper expertise and tools to support assigned construction project execution. Must be able to perform accurate material and scope take off’s. Must be able to reconcile construction activities and manage scope change during construction. A strong understanding of construction practices and organizational skills is a must.
Accountable for managing the overall project execution performance including scope, cost, safety, quality, schedule, implementation, and customer satisfaction. Responsibilities in the roll include:
• Serves as single-point of contact, between the Lead Construction Manager and construction
• Providing oversight of construction execution on all assigned construction projects
• Must be able to maintain and managing sub contractor relationships. Assuring that work is
performed in accordance with project requirements.
• Must be able to take corrective action as necessary.
• Will be required to develop detailed material take offs and scope of services lists from
RFDS’s and Engineered drawings.
• Must track and coordinate material delivery, schedule construction, and drive completion
to meet schedule and budget expectations.
• Reports project status and performance data as required to management.
• Identify and assesses improvement opportunities, which will add value.
Bachelor’s degree in construction, engineering or heavy industrial experience preferred, or relevant experience. 2 years with a degree or 3 years at Superintendent level. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
3+ years of relevant (Wireless and OSP/ISP telecommunication industry) Construction
•Must be knowledgeable in quality construction practices.