Field Construction Manager
Date published: 8-Jul-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Plan: CNS
BVCI, a proud part of the BV family of companies, offers union shop construction services for on-time, on-budget project delivery.<br><br>Our professionals deliver solid dependable solutions for industrial construction projects of all sizes, enabling us to provide leading construction services for our clients. Together, we have an integrated approach to project execution with an emphasis on safety, quality, cost, and schedule.<br><br>Our Services<br>We work with our clients on EPC as well as construction-only projects. We self-perform projects by executing direct hire labor as well as utilizing subcontractor elements.<br><br>We continue to expand our services offered and build our project backlog. <br><br>Now is the time to work at BVCI!
Responsible for coordination of the construction on the project. Coordinates compliance with the schedule, safety, cost, and quality decisions in conjunction with the Project Field Manager or Operations Manager.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manages and coordinates all on-site construction activities for compliance with the CPM schedule and monitors and enforces compliance with contract requirements; Implements the Project Construction Execution Plan. Directs field staff in the daily, weekly planning process.
• Supervises and mentors all superintendents; monitors their activities and provides leadership.
• Monitors and reports on construction productivity and schedule performance (including trends) to the Project Field Manager, Operations Manager and Project Controls Manager. Takes actions necessary to meet project budget and schedule requirements.
• Directs and approves the development and implementation of construction schedule recovery plans as required.
• Coordinates the Construction Completion Walkdowns and the complete hand over of start-up packages to the Startup Manager and supervises the close out of all punch list items.
• Assists Project Field Manager with client interface and relations.
• Coordinates with Material Manager to review all procured materials for acceptance. Reviews and approves equipment rentals (if supplied by company) and coordinates shared use of this equipment with subcontractors.
• Conducts weekly coordination meeting with field staff & subcontractors.
• Conducts weekly staff & subcontractor meetings.
• Reports weekly schedule and commodity installation status to the Project Controls Manager.
• Monitors all extra work authorization requests, back charges, and supplier and subcontractor progress/final payment requests for acceptance and is responsible for subordinates providing the timely tracking information to Project Controls to support the change management system.
• Adheres to Safety, Quality, Ethical Standards, Lessons Learned, and Performance Management programs in accordance with Division Policies, Standards, Guides, and Contractual commitments.
• Monitors and approve all CIR replies to the subcontractors.
• Responsible for completion of the construction punchlist.
• Has full knowledge of the safety program and acts as the Safety Representative on site in the absence of the regular Safety Supervisor.
• Has general knowledge of all disciplines of construction and is able to stand in for each lead discipline.
• Resolves safety and quality issues with the safety and quality managers. Further disputes are then deferred to the Project Field Manager or Division Safety manager.
• Understands the major commercial and deliverable terms of the construction subcontracts and manages within these terms.
• Monitors and controls overtime by his subordinates and subcontractors.
• Writes the construction portion of the client and construction monthly report.
• Coordinates with the Field Engineers or home office engineers on engineering deliverables
• Responsible for the effective management of construction Manufacturer’s Service Technicians and the timesheet tracking.
• Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements.; Supervises work of others. Responsible for discipline, and pay administration of their subordinates.
• Supervises work of others. Responsible for hiring, discipline, and pay administration of their subordinates.
3 years at Entry level CM or 5+ years at Superintendent Level; All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree in construction, engineering or heavy industrial experience preferred, or relevant experience.
• Knowledge of construction technology
• Knowledge of EPC industry
• Constructability knowledge
• Knowledge of project budget process and tools
• Knowledge of department budget process and tools
• Knowledge of Project controls
• Risk assessment/management
• Administrative policies and procedures
• Construction Project Management Systems
• Conceptual planning ability
• Conflict management skills
• Leadership ability (team building, coaching, mentoring, change management, advising)
• Multi-tasking ability (prioritize, organize, schedule work)
• Presentation skills
• Problem solving skills (identify, analyze, research, evaluate, resolve)
• Project management skills
• Communication and meeting skills
• Time reporting systems
• Expense reporting policies and procedures