Financial Appl Specialist
Date published: 8-Feb-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Corporate-Finance
Business Plan: FIN
Functional lead for a group of Financial Application modules – Expense Reporting, Oracle Fixed Assets, and Oracle Security. Assist end users with financial application functional questions, process flow issues and online queries. Participate in new feature/functionality testing and rollout related activities. Assist users in documenting high level system change and enhancement requests. Identify and assess financial system and business process improvements. Works under general direction.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide System User Support
• Participate in new system/feature/functionality testing and rollout, upgrade and migration related activities
• Training and Communication of System Functionality
• Collection and documentation of high level system change and enhancement requests
• Work with IT provider and 3rd party vendors on resolution of system issues, user acceptance testing and functionality inquiries
• Identify and assess improvement opportunities which will add value. Champion continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements.
• Ad-hoc Reporting and Analysis
• 7+ years financial related experience; preferred experience in systems/process analysis, supervisory and project management, and Oracle e-Business Applications.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Information Technology, or equivalent experience
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Current or previous Black & Veatch experience
• Microsoft Office Suite; Excel, Access & Word
• Problem solving, analytical and organizational skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work though complex and ambiguous issues