Project Controls Analyst
Date published: 11-Oct-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Govt Federal SE
Business Plan: PJC
The Black & Veatch Special Projects Corp. has its mission to provide a full range of services to our primary client base - U.S. Government agencies and departments. With the unique skill sets we have developed during the 100-plus years of service to our U.S. Government agencies client base, we are able to provide one-of-a-kind solutions to complex mission objectives that arise out of specific challenges faced by and unique to these agencies. Our primary areas of focus are: Architecture/Engineering (A/E) Services, Defense Program, Design/Build, Classified, and Environmental.
Experienced level position assigned to either a role in Scheduling or Cost Engineering or a combination. Under general supervision, performs project controls assignments according to training, capability and experience. With additional experience and demonstrated capabilities, the individual is expected to assist in the preparation of larger and more complex project controls assignments. Typically an individual contributor, but may have supervisory duties and lead small/medium size projects (cost and/or scheduling activities).
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Understand EPC work process and dependencies between functions. Develop project risk analysis skills. Understand Financial/Accounting reporting. May prepare forecasts under minimal supervision.
• Maintains and may prepare Cost Report, Cash Flow with minimal supervision.
• Prepare input to monthly/quarterly Reports.
• Maintains and may lead quantity mgmt reporting.
• Maintains and may lead Change mgmt Program.
• Gains understanding of key scheduling processes
• As applicable able to effectively work with JV and S/C construction partners in matters of cost and progress measurement.
• May facilitate the preparation of summary schedule.
• Prepares and maintain baseline/execution schedule.
• Facilitates productivity reporting.
• Perform/Assists with critical path and float analysis reporting.
• Gains understanding of key cost control processes.
• As applicable able to effectively work with JV and Subcontract construction partners in scheduling matters.
• Individual contributor with no subordinates.
Four-year Bachelor's degree with three or more years of relevant Cost Control of Planning & Scheduling experience OR no four-year Bachelor's degree required with six years or more of relevant Cost Control or Planning & Scheduling experience in Home Office or Field Office. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Prefer four-year Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Construction Management.
Preferred Non-Technical Competencies:
• Presentation Skills
• Drive for Results
• Customer Focus
• Interpersonal Savvy
• Delegation Preferred Technical Competencies:
• Computer skills
• Intermediate verbal and written communication skills
• Understanding of key cost control processes and key scheduling processes.
• Understand financial/accounting reporting.
• Understand EPC work process and dependencies between functions.
• Ability to provide risk and opportunity analysis input.
• Specific training in B&V project controls tools and processes. Training in general business operations and leadership skills.