Global Director of Talent Acquisition
Date published: 3-Oct-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Corporate-HR
Business Plan: ADM
The Director of Global Talent Acquisition will provide global leadership and strategic direction to the talent acquisition function and team. This position will be responsible for all recruiting, staffing and workforce planning related strategies within the talent acquisition function, in support of Black & Veatch’s global business objectives. This position will drive positive change in the talent acquisition process to ensure the company is well positioned with a strong brand and an “employer of choice” reputation within the Engineering and Construction industry.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and drive talent sourcing and acquisition strategies globally, including developing relations with external staffing partners and campus placement offices.
• Provide thought leadership with regard to recruiting in a competitive global market for talent and advance best practices to maximize the use and leverage of human capital.
• Partner with multiple business units to ensure that recruiting plans, processes and tools are designed, developed and/or delivered, and meeting the business needs in a timely, cost-effective and high quality manner.
• Build talent pipelines both within Black & Veatch and externally, proactively building and cultivating a network of “the best and the brightest”.
• Utilize metrics to measure key hiring parameters, such as operations (recruiter workload), efficiency (time to fill, cost per hire), and quality (performance of new hires) to achieve continuous improvement.
• Ensure that the company’s recruiting budget benefits from all possible efficiencies of scale.
• Further enhance B&V’s applicant tracking capabilities, partnering with technology experts to create a platform that is both user friendly globally and captures all requisite data.
• Leverage company branding within the Engineering, Procurement and
Construction (EPC) industry to maximize talent acquisition capabilities
Experience: The ideal candidate will have 10-plus years of human resources experience with a minimum of five years focused in the area of recruiting. The preferred experience base includes a hands-on recruiting role in a large multinational company, as well as significant strategic experience, including senior management influence.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s preferred.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• The successful candidate will have spent the major portion of his/her career in a fast paced, global organization recognized for its ability to attract both technical and leadership professionals.
• A successful track record of connecting recruiting to other human resources disciplines, such as talent management to ensure a strategic and holistic approach to processes and procedures.
• Knowledge and/or experience of working across the Americas, Asia Pacific or EMEA region; operates with a global mindset. Ideally, this experience is in a large, complex and matrixed organization.
• Strong knowledge of recruitment systems, models, methodologies and operations, and the ability to quantify and provide metrics for the recruiting function.
• Ability to build partnerships across various functions and work in a collaborative manner, developing strong working relationships with clients, employees and HR colleagues.
• Proven track record building a global recruitment team responsible for college/university recruiting, global internship programs, senior level hiring, outreach and diversity initiatives.