Global Sourcing Manager
Date published: 30-Sep-2017
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Power
Business Plan: PCR
Responsible for department staff and managing various operational aspects within Procurement. Specific responsibilities may vary. May perform the duties of the position(s) being managed. Will generally support required duties within the Procurement Department. Will develop and lead Procurement Department initiatives.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• May have project specific or other related responsibilities or roles for the position(s) being supervised.
• Influences and grows a global supply program, applicable for multiple Corporate Businesses and P&Ls.
• Actively identifies methods to streamline processes and improve tools, while maintaining controls and ethical standards.
• Reporting of Souring progression for pre-/re-qualifications and vendor performance.
• Analyzes and reports market conditions.
• Responsible for workload forecast reporting and coordination of staffing needs.
• Manages/Assists employment practices, including but not limited to hiring, promoting, merit, professional development and disciplinary actions.
• Responsible for implementation of (and may develop) relevant sections of Business Line strategic plans.
• Enforces (and may be responsible for) compliance with corporate policies and procedures.
• Supports and may establish and manage department budgets, including chargeability, training, travel, etc.
• May participate in project reviews to ensure quality of procurement execution and timely resolution of issues.
• Supports and ensure effective communications related to Business Line operations.
• Administers performance management program for direct and indirect reports, including establishment of yearly goals, rating calibration, personnel development and training plans.
• May meet with external entities, including subcontractors, suppliers, and business partners to assist in establishing strategic relationships.
• Assists department head with necessary information to participate in various task forces, boards or committees involving relevant processes.
Supervises work of others. Manages hiring, discipline, and assist dept head in pay administration of subordinates. Can have Supervisory responsibilities. List possible positions receiving direction:
• Sourcing Specialist
Minimum of 15 years of relevant experience. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
BA or BS degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, Technical / Engineering, Construction Management or related field preferred.
Global supply chain exposure is preferred.
• Organizational skills
• Knowledge of relevant commercial terms & conditions
• Knowledge of supply chain processes and incorporation of global supply
• General knowledge of equipment logistics and related Incoterms
• Analytics of data and ability to report for management consumption
• Self-starter who can effectively work with various groups
• Decision quality
• Ensures accountability
• Manages ambiguity
• Manages complexity
• Optimizes work processes
• Plans and aligns
• Supervisor Competencies - Click on the link below to see Supervisor Competencies