Graduate Landscape Architect
United Kingdom-North West, United Kingdom-South East
Date published: 12-Jan-2019
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Water
Business Plan: ENS
Why Black & Veatch?
It’s what we do. Why? Because we’re driven by solving clients’ complex problems, building relationships and fulfilling our Mission of Building a World of Difference®.
Black & Veatch helps to improve and sustain the quality of life around the world. Every day, we’re doing work that improves lives, sparks economic development, strengthens public health and changes communities for the better.
As a Black & Veatch professional, you’ll be working on sustainable solutions to some of today’s biggest energy, water and communications challenges. We have more than 100 offices worldwide and projects in more than 100 countries. This means you’ll have the opportunity to work on exciting projects all over the world. In addition we offer excellent benefits like:
Pension (8% employer contribution when employee contributes 5%)
Company funded life assurance
Company funded income protection
Company funded private medical insurance
Online benefits scheme offering a wide range of flexible benefits
Season ticket loan
Are you ready to Rise to the Challenge?
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Located at Black & Veatch’s Chester or Redhill Office, the Graduate Landscape Architect will support a team of landscape architects working within a broader Environmental Team. Areas of work will include:
• Site surveys and appraisals
• Landscape and visual impact assessments
• Production of drawings and illustrations to support landscape assessments and proposals
• Landscape design from initial concepts through to working drawings
• Contract administration
• Degree in Landscape Architecture.
• Proficient in AutoCAD
• Creative but practical approach to design
• Strong presentation and graphic skills
• Good report writing skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Areas of experience and/or professional interest:
• Water infrastructure and water sensitive design
• Ecological design and habitat creation
• Landscape Assessment
• Detailed design and Contract administration
Full time & Part time will be considered for this role.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Adobe Creative Suite (Indesign, Photoshop and Illustrator)
• Arcview and/or Mapinfo GIS
• Hand drawn sketches and illustrations
• Full driving license