HR Coordinator/Advisor (6 Month Fixed Term Contract)
United Kingdom-South East
Date published: 10-Jan-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Water
Business Plan: ADM
To provide first level advisory service to the business and to support the HR generalists and the HR compliance function.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide HR Advisory support to managers and employees concerning family friendly policies, flexible working and the like.
• Manage and conduct exit interviews/ identifying trends, absence reporting/analysis (including sickness) and Return to Work interviews.
• Provide basic support for employee relations issues commensurate with job role.
• Assist HR generalists with supporting their client groups on a day to day basis.
• Support HR project work as identified and agreed.
• Support HR generalists and the business in moving professionals around the business including assistance with personal travel plans, status change forms, notifications of changes to HRIS and payroll as appropriate.
• Contribute to compliance and updates of HR policies and procedures.
• Maintain data integrity: ensure overall data accuracy in HR systems.
• Analyse and track HR data for different reporting purposes: identify trends, produce ad-hoc metrics and benchmarking.
• Monitor and analyse reports from PeopleSoft, Performance Blueprint, ETS and the like.
• Maintain the UK visa tracker, conduct annual audits of the data, flag-up expiry dates and provide support for visa applications as required.
• Monitor the sickness tracker and sick pay entitlements, flag-up trigger points and the exhaustion of sick pay entitlement.
• Maintain the allowances tracker, flag-up expiry dates and conduct annual audits.
• Support the Company promotions, performance management, salary review process and other annual processes.
• In all internal and external contact, present a professional and positive image of the department and Black & Veatch as well as maintaining constructive relationships
• Take all reasonable steps to ensure appropriate confidentiality
• Undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this role
HR Business Partners
Offshore Operations team
Occupational Health and Safety
Possible travel within the UK & overseas
• Experience within a professional Human Resources function
• Teamwork experience
• A-level standard of education or equivalent
• Strong communication skills, both written & oral at all levels
• Knowledge of employment law principles and their application commensurate with job role
• Strong Microsoft skills; IT confident
• Ability to prioritize
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Experience in a commercially driven environment
• CIPD level 3 qualified (CPP)