HR Director, Telecom Business Line
Date published: 27-Sep-2017
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Telecom
Business Plan: ADM
Responsible for development and execution of human resource (HR) plans to support both the Telecom and Special Projects divisions of Black & Veatch in achievement of business objectives. As program manager, coordinates availability of HR specialist resources needed for the implementation of these plans. Is a key HR advisor to division leadership and addresses complex and critical HR issues.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Actively participates in developing, executing, coordinating or communicating human resource plans in some or all of the following areas:
a. Workforce size and skill mix planning
c. Training and development
d. Succession planning
e. Work and organization design
f. Performance management for organization and professionals
g. Culture assessment and development
h. Employee relations & coaching
i. Compensation administration
• Leads process in interpreting and translating business strategy into human and organization initiatives.
• Identifies critical HR goals and success factors for the division; develops related actions needed.
• Cultivates a partnering relationship with division management and professionals, while maintaining an HR perspective.
• Performs role as change agent for implementing new HR programs and/or processes. Evaluates impact of HR initiatives on division. Assists in development and executing communication plans.
• Seeks to ensure compliance and understanding of HR policies and assures HR programs are carried out in accordance with company’s policies and procedures. Proposes improvement to policies, programs and procedures to improve effectiveness of human resources and operations.
• Identifies and aligns internal and external resources needed to accomplish division HR initiatives. Engages HR specialists effectively and proactively and as liaison between division and HR functional areas. Assists in coordinating HR processes such merit, bonus, goal setting, performance evaluation, supervisory training, succession planning, and performance improvement/discipline.
• Provides guidance and direction to HR Specialists to ensure understanding of division’s structure, industry, market, policies, etc.
• Identifies and assesses improvement opportunities which will add value. Champions continuous improvement efforts. Assesses and supports the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements. Proactively supports, encourages and facilitates staff to engage in continuous improvement activities.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s preferred.
Experience: 10+ years progressive HR experience in one or more functional areas.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Strong understanding of HR programs, policies and procedures.
• Good understanding of employment law.
• Strong understanding of division administrative policies and procedures.
• Good understanding of division’s industry, market, technology, business model and metrics.
• Strong understanding of division’s business operations.
• Strong financial acumen to understand key financial indicators, and recognize profitability and revenue opportunities.
• Global perspective of common business practices and impact on business.
• Strong human relations skills, including ability to influence and negotiate.
• Strong multi-tasking skills
• Strong long-term conceptual planning ability
• Strong project management skills
• Excellent leadership ability (team building, coaching, mentoring, change management, advising)
• Excellent problem solving skills (identify, analyze, research, evaluate, resolve)
• Excellent conflict management and human relations (written, verbal, client service) skills
• Good understanding of Human Resource Information Systems.
• Strong communication and presentation skills.
• Good supervisory skills.