HRIS Application Portfolio Manager
Date published: 12-Apr-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Corporate-Finance
Business Plan: ITS
Oversees the HRIS Portfolio of B&V-developed and third party / hosted applications to assure technical and functional relevance to support business processes. The position provides a focal point for developing and communicating business process needs and user requirements to specify, select, design, enhance, acceptance test, report defects, and maintain applications within the portfolio. Also responsible for the integration of information and data within and between portfolios.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coordinate and facilitate analysis, evaluation and recommendation of new IT tools or modifications to existing IT tools as required to support business requirements.
• Work with the various business units to define, document and maintain:
o Portfolio strategic direction that is consistent with corporate and business unit strategic plans.
o IT standards
o IT projects for applications within the portfolio.
• Work with business units to define, improve and maintain portfolio tools, systems and processes.
• Experience in coordinating in a multi-vendor, offshore, and outsourced IT environment.
• Document high level requirements and coordinate business unit communication so that the IT provider business analysts can develop detailed requirements that meet business unit / corporate department and system integration needs.
• Coordinate definition and execution of user acceptance testing for IT initiatives within the portfolio.
• Coordinate definition and execution of the communication plan, training, and rollout plans for IT initiatives within the portfolio.
• Provide strategic support to resolve identified problems and issues within the portfolio.
• Establish an overall software development budget based on input from the various business units and then manage that budget in cooperation with the IT services provider.
• Use the provided toolset to measure and report the effectiveness of portfolio applications and work with the business units and the IT service provider to identify opportunities for improvement in the tools and/or associated processes.
• Implement safety, IT security, quality and ethical standards as required by the CIO office and each business unit.
• Participate in continuous improvement (lessons learned) as required by business unit specific policies, standards and guidelines.
• Manage the portfolio to drive application rationalization and assure correct function, technical currency and business process relevancy.
• Liaise with the IT provider’s Applications Services Manager for all application development and maintenance activities.
• Identify and report on application development defects and assist the IT provider in resolving these defects.
• Drive portfolio application integration through reusable objects, services and processes.
• Provide support as requested for the transition of IT services from B&V to the IT provider.
• Develop and implement individual application and portfolio multi-year roadmaps to achieve long range strategic IT and business plans.
• Prioritization of work in the IT Providers ticket / work tracking system.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in business-related field, engineering, information technology.
Experience: 10+ years progressive experience in IT Systems. HRIS PeopleSoft knowledge and experience required. Experience leading large-scale projects and initiatives in a complex organization. Experience in coordinating offshore/outsourced development teams required. Project management experience required. Advanced knowledge of portfolio functions. Broad functional knowledge of HR and Payroll practices and processes.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Global integration experience preferred.
Oracle EBS experience is a strong preference.