Human Resource Manager
Date published: 17-Jan-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Water
Business Plan: ADM
This position will be responsible for supporting our Chile location in the development and execution of HR plans and provide support to business leadership in achieving our business objectives.
This role will assist in identifying HR goals and success factors, participate in development and execution of action plans supporting Chile business goals and supporting all HR related activities. This role will be the focal point to coordinate the use of HR specialist resources in Corporate HR that are needed to implement HR programs and services in Chile. Responsible for developing and executing human resources plans to ensure the availability of human resources support in alignment with business line strategies.
This is a working leader/manager position in which the manager will develop and execute HR plans and perform generalist and recruitment functions, as necessary. This position will aggressively promote “employer of choice” image within the Chile marketplace, while enhancing image across the organization. Utilizes and creates global tools and processes to create a consistent flow of qualified candidates throughout the organization. Works in a collaborative fashion with all levels of management, HR and staff.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Actively participates in developing, executing, coordinating or communicating human resource plans in some or all of the following areas:
• Workforce size and skill mix planning
• Training and development
• Succession planning
• Work and organization design
• Performance management for organization and professionals
• Culture assessment and development
• Employee relations & coaching
• Compensation administration
2. Leads process in interpreting and translating business strategy into human resources and organization initiatives and partners with other business line HRBP leads to share resources and influence HR results.
3. Identifies critical HR goals and success factors for the business in Chile; develops related action plans and delivers corresponding results.
4. Cultivates a partnering relationship with business line management and professionals, while maintaining an HR perspective.
5. Establishes open and trusting relationship. Engages productively and proactively in business discussions. Provides input and advises management.
6. Performs role as change agent for implementing new HR programs and/or processes. Evaluates impact of HR initiatives on the business in Chile. Assists in development and executing communication plans.
7. Advises business management and professionals on the interpretation of personnel policies, programs and procedures. Seeks to ensure compliance and understanding of HR policies.
8. Assures HR programs are carried out in accordance with company’s policies and procedures. Proposes improvement to policies, programs and procedures to improve effectiveness of human resources and operations.
9. Identifies and assesses improvement opportunities which will add value. Champions continuous improvement efforts. Assesses and supports the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements. Proactively supports, encourages and facilitates staff to engage in continuous improvement activities.
10. Acts as an active partner and liaison between business line and HR functional areas. Coordinates or assists in coordinating HR processes such merit, bonus, goal setting, performance evaluation, supervisory training, succession planning, and performance improvement/discipline.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required, Masters preferred
Experience: 8+ year’s progressive HR experience in one or more functional areas
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Broad basic knowledge of all functional areas in of HR in Chile.
• Strong understanding of HR programs, policies and procedures.
• Good understanding of Chilean employment law.
• Strong understanding of division administrative policies and procedures.
• Good understanding of division’s industry, market, technology, business model and metrics.
• Strong understanding of division’s business operations.
• Strong financial acumen to understand key financial indicators, and recognize profitability and revenue opportunities.
• Global perspective of common business practices and impact on business.