Human Resources Specialist
Date published: 4-Jan-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Water
Business Plan: ADM
Black & Veatch strikes a balance that is rare for any industry. Our Mission sets the bar high – Building a World of Difference®. We live up to that ideal by delivering reliable and innovative infrastructure solutions. Black & Veatch fully understands the unique water, energy and environmental challenges facing the mining industry today. Our experts safely deliver innovative infrastructure solutions that promote efficiency, resilience and sustainability. With over 11,000 professionals located in more than 110 offices around the world, we have a global network of expertise in these focus areas:<br>• Power Generation and Delivery<br>• Water and Environmental Solutions<br>• Integrated Infrastructure<br>• Sustainability
Lead the Recruitment process.
Responsible for providing staffing services to local or regional office hiring managers as assigned. Recruiting efforts include sourcing, screening, interviewing, and hiring for complex or a diverse set of jobs. May be responsible for college relations or experienced recruiting. Assesses needs in recruitment and compensation adjustments. Provides employee relations support, as assigned. Conducts exit interviews and assists with reduction-in-force activities. Adheres to all local laws governing employment process.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
"Open Requisitions• Reviews personnel requisitions and discusses requirements of position with hiring manager.
• Establishes recruitment plan with hiring manager - (where to post openings, companies to search and avoid, potential internal candidates, etc).
• Sources and identifies qualified candidates for approved personnel requisitions, including cold calling.
• Presents suitable candidates to hiring manager for review.
• Conducts phone screens and determines candidate’s ability and fit for current opening.
• Makes interview and travel arrangements for on-site interviews.
• Interviews candidates and provides company & benefits overview.
• Follows up with hiring managers for feedback after interview.
• Coordinates transfer of internal candidates with current and receiving managers.
• Provides written communications including reference checks and human resource information system/resume database documentation.
• Participates in reduction in force activities.
• Advises hiring managers and employees on employment-related matters
• Initiates or reviews related transactions in Human Resource Information System.
• Conducts exit interviews.
• Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements.
Provide support in Talent Management to the HR Manager.
Contact Compensation All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications: