TX-Austin, TX-Dallas, TX-San Antonio
Date published: 11-Jan-2019
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Water
Business Plan: ENG
Black & Veatch – Water Business<br><br>Water is one of the world’s most precious resources. Managing and treating water are among the world’s most complex challenges. Black & Veatch knows the best and most advanced ways to clean, move, control and conserve water. That’s what makes us world leaders in water. <br><br>Black & Veatch delivers design, procurement and construction solutions that help to provide safe drinking water and effective wastewater management to communities worldwide. We serve public and private clients of every size with a strong focus on life cycle economy, efficiency and reliability.<br><br>We find innovative solutions to protect water at its source, treat it to the highest standards, and deliver it to homes and businesses. Then we collect and treat wastewater before reintroducing it safely back into the environment. <br><br>Our systems protect the environment and conserve precious water supply. We deliver solutions that preserve and protect groundwater and watersheds, and provide effective flood control. We help clients successfully manage storm drainage. <br><br>Black & Veatch helps clients make smart use of water resources, including water reuse systems, desalination, dams and hydro power, renewables, irrigation, aquifer storage and recovery.
Black & Veatch has an exciting opportunity for a Lead Instrumentation and Control (I&C) Engineer within our Water Americas - Systems Engineering Design Team. The project and client focus will be in Texas including Dallas, Fort Worth, San Antonio, Austin and Houston.
Our Systems Design team provides electrical, instrumentation & control, and process mechanical solutions to all of Black & Veatch’s Water/Wastewater projects throughout North America. Black & Veatch is currently growing our I&C team to support the growing need for I&C, SCADA and automation solutions for our clients in the Texas market. This position will be part of our talented and expanding Electrical and I&C team in the Central Regional Design Center.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead the I&C design efforts for water and wastewater facility projects
• Provide construction support services for water and wastewater facility projects
• Act as a liaison between the local design team, client and regional design center teams
• Provide local interface by attending client and contractor meetings
• Perform field investigations and attend factory acceptance testing
Additional Project Opportunities:
• Support or develop SCADA System master plans, studies and technical reports
• Support or develop HMI and PLC Application Programming
• Coordinate with multiple engineering disciplines and global design teams
• Support data driven infrastructure and telecommunication solutions
Business Development Opportunities:
• Support business development activities for stand-alone SCADA and I&C projects
• Develop, manage and maintain client relationships for existing and future opportunities
• Support development of proposals and presentations in response to sales opportunities
• Represent B&V through various local and national professional organizations
Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing. Minimum of 5 years related work experience All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• 5- 10 years’ experience in design of SCADA, I&C and Automation systems
• Registration as a Professional Engineer preferred
• Consulting and Water/Wastewater experience preferred
• Experience in PLC, RTU or HMI programming a plus
• Experience in project management and business development a plus