Sr Site Acquisition Associate
Date published: 7-Apr-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Telecom
Business Plan: ADM
The Telecommunications Division delivers telecommunication infrastructure solutions to utilities, local and state government agencies and the commercial wireless industry. Through a unique combination of experience, expert resources and innovative solutions, Black & Veatch supports the entire range of both legacy and emerging technologies used in today’s wireless and wireline networks, voice, video, Internet and data systems and utility automation.
Assists with processing lease or other real estate documents. Assists with the preparation of zoning and permitting applications and monitors progress of the application. May facilitate jurisdictional requests for additional information as a result of the application/permit review process. Has experience with general and specific administrative duties, including uploading and processing of documents in a variety of databases. Ensures compliance to the quality and safety goals and objectives.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Serves as Site Acquisition Project Coordinator for tracking legal transactions and land use processing.
• Communicates activities with team members and other departments, as needed.
• Verifies zoning/permitting processes with jurisdictional personnel to obtain jurisdictional approval requirements for installation or modification of wireless communication facilities and/or related wireless equipment as project scope defines.
• Reviews zoning drawings prior to submittal for accuracy and compliance with jurisdictional and client requirements.
• Prepares zoning and building permit applications.
• Assists site acquisition specialists as they coordinate with tower owners and/or private landlords to negotiate and secure lease entitlements as project scope defines.
• Coordinate with client and engineering department to obtain information necessary for entitlement applications (RF Affidavits, propagation maps, photo-simulations, etc…).
• Completes Lease & Zoning Audit reviews.
• Reviews and approves site specific documents.
• Completes collocation applications and associated documents.
• Reviews the quality and completeness of site specific documentation.
• Monitors and tracks progress on all open tasks or transactions.
• Maintains a high degree of customer service and integrity when dealing with internal and external clients and vendors.
• Skilled in maintaining multiple projects and priorities at one time and effectively finish projects in a timely manner.
• Other duties or special projects, as assigned.
• Individual contributor with no subordinates.
Minimum 1 year telecommunications industry or other relevant real estate experience, required. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Prefer 4 year degree, paralegal certificate or equivalent work experience.
Preferred Non-Technical Competencies:
• Action Oriented
• Learning on the Fly
• Interpersonal Savvy
• Problem Solving
• Customer Focus
• Priority Setting
Preferred Technical Competencies:
• Ability to work independently as well as with others
• Excellent oral and written communications skills
• Real estate or legal negotiation experience strongly desired
• Ability to identify legal documents such as legal descriptions, surveys, ground leases, easements, deeds, land purchase contracts, mortgages, title policies, subordination, and technical drawings
• Proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Excel, Word, and Outlook
• Ability to multi-task effectively
• Possesses superior concentration and organizational skills including attention to detail, proactivity problem solving
• Supports and complies with the Division’s Quality Management System and the Environmental, Safety, Health and Security Program.