Information Management & Analytics Manager
United Kingdom-East Anglia, United Kingdom-East Midlands, United Kingdom-Midlands, United Kingdom-North East, United Kingdom-North West, United Kingdom-Scotland, United Kingdom-South East, United Kingdom-South West, United Kingdom-Wales, United Kingdom-West Midlands, United Kingdom-Yorkshire-North, United Kingdom-Yorkshire-South, United Kingdom-Yorkshire-West
Date published: 31-Oct-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Water
Business Plan: SPC
To grow and develop existing and emerging services by the IMA team and the wider Asset Management function. This will require a combination of business development combined with strategic internal and external relationship management promoting our services and influencing the strategic direction.
The role will be in support to the Head of IMA and will act as deputy as and when required for internal and external needs.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Key duties and responsibilities:
• Work with and support the Head of Information Management and Analytics (IMA) to achieve the Strategic and Financial Objectives
• Building and maintaining excellent client relationships
• Continue to build the talent and capability of the IMA function delivering leading services for clients
• Ensure excellent quality in delivery to the agreed cost and time targets at zero harm to our professionals and all other stakeholders
• Influence and input into the continuing development of innovative and unique approaches that give a differentiated and exclusive position to B&V
• Assist in the definition and implementation of IMA’s marketing and sales plan for Smart Maintenance Services
• Team responsibilities – management, leadership, talent development, reviews/appraisals talent retention and recruitment
• Cross selling of opportunities within B&V
Key relationships and personnel for whom this person will be responsible:
• The IMA Manager will support the Head of Information Management and Analytics to deliver 2 core functions within the Asset Management team. These functions are Information Management and Analytics and Digital Products and Services
• The role will be required support the direct management of Project, IM and Software Development managers whom in turn with be managing a team of similar disciplines (permanent and supply chain)
• This role will be a blend of business development and technical authority in the IMA function working closely with existing project managers and subject matter experts across the wider B&V business
• Close relationships with the Head of Information Management and Analytics and the team will be essential for the successful growth of the business function
• Demonstrable experience in the management and delivery of IMA services in multisector asset intensive industries
• Excellent client engagement, long term relationship development capability and experience
• Excellent insight and forward thinking strategic capability in IMA and Digital Product solutions development for utilities – combining industry accepted processes and practices with the latest technology
• Prior experience of building and delivering successful IMA services or similar
• Sector experience across Water and/or Energy with preferable Renewables experience
• Successful people manager with proven capability cultural and behavioral change programmes
• A high level of challenge and questioning ability
• A driven, ‘Seller/Doer’ mind-set
• A collaborative approach with the ability to build and leverage internal/inter-departmental relationships
• Effective and compelling communicator both written and oral
• A professional Engineering qualification and or IT/Software background applied in asset intensive industries would be a strong preference.
• Membership of the Institute of Asset Management would be preferable
• Strong Digital Product & Services experience and progressive vision in this area would be of particular benefit.
Full time or Part time & Flexible working will be considered for this role.
Education & training: Educated to technical degree level (Third level technical qualification)
Background & experience:
• Experience in utilising digital solutions for asset intensive industries
• Contract negotiation and management
• Project and Programme management
Utility knowledge and contacts
• Excellent interpersonal skills and relationship building
• Proactive positive attitude with the ability to work with a wide range of personalities and disciplines
• Passion for your subject and delivering value for clients.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Membership of the Institute of Asset Management and/or Engineering Body
TOTEX investment decision making tools and techniques